Firmware

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by govindar76, Dec 4, 2007.

1. govindar76

govindar76 Member

Hello,

I just got Dell to change my drive from Matshita to a HLDS (Hitachi/LG).

I would like to upgrade the firmware for the drive to a region free one.

I was directed by Jameds to look at "The Firmware Page". But the website seems to be down now, and has been for a while. Is there any other firmware site, where i can find the RPC-1 firmware I need.

My drive is the HLDS GSA-S10N.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. stephanenyc

stephanenyc New Member

M1330 optical drive

Hello,

I just received my M1330 with the Matshita drive and would like to change it to the LG. How did you do it? How did you convince Dell to do it? Did they charge you?

Please advice thank you

By the way there is a LG driver on dell support website for the M1330. But perhaps you are already aware ot it

Thank you

Stephane

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

stephanenyc ...be INSISTENT with Dell. They keep using the Matshita drives, knowing they are low quality and they will replace it if you keep insisting.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. stephanenyc

stephanenyc New Member

Oldjoe,

Thank you for your advice. I will try today and request the LG/Hitachi instead of the one I have

5. govindar76

govindar76 Member

Yup, thats exactly what I did. I think it also helps if you get a tech who is sympathetic.

6. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Or one who actually has some comprehension of the English language. :D

7. stephanenyc

stephanenyc New Member

I succeed to change my optical drive

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your help. After spending more than 3 hours on the phone with DELL customer service and Technical Support over 3 days. I succeed to convince them to change my DVD drive to the LG Hitachi one. Not easy, I did receive 2 Panasonic drives than I need to sent back and finally received the LG/Hitachi this morning. A Dell guy came home to changed it. I have DVD Region+CSS Free from DVDIdle.com (Free trial version) and it works great with my DVDs zone 1 and 2.

Thank you again and Happy Holiday Season

stepahnenyc

8. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

It's probably easier to just replace the thing yourself than try to deal with Dell's irritating support system. For under $30, you should be able to pick up a Samsung SH-S203B; which is one of the best burners available at the moment, based on reviews.

9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Way to hang in there!!! :D