• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Firmware update ?

Humphammer

Assuming I play nothing in my BD player except back-ups that were ripped with AnyDVD HD, and burned using bdrebuilder and Imgburn would there ever be a reason to upgrade the firmware in the player I use for back-ups? I use my PS3 for the originals and keep it's firmware current. TIA for all replies.

Are you speaking about a PC BD player (burner)? Yes you should update to fix any media updates or burning strategies that the manufacturer should offer.

Are you speaking about a PC BD player (burner)? Yes you should update to fix any media updates or burning strategies that the manufacturer should offer.
No I am speaking of the Sony BD player that I use to play my backups. I can play the originals on the PS3, but many of the cinivia back-ups will not play on the PS3, so I have a Sony that will. I was just wondering if there is any reason to ever upgrade the firmware in the Sony, as long as AnyDVD HD has done it's thing to the back-ups will they continue to play, or am I going to eventually have to upgrade the firmware and risk losing the ability to play the cinivia infected back-ups?

Assuming that you don't put in a new original that revokes your host key, and there is no new features (BD 3.0 etc etc) there is no need to update.

Assuming that you don't put in a new original that revokes your host key, and there is no new features (BD 3.0 etc etc) there is no need to update.
Thanks, the host key threat is what worries me....I will trust Slysoft to take care of the new features, just as they have the 5 plus years that I have used their products. The biggest gripe I have with using the PS3 is that it will not output the newer audio formats such as DTS Master, and Dolby True audio.

Back