• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Files in Recycle bin - PLEASE HELP!!!

Narced

Last year I accidentally deleted a file called "backup" from a storage drive thinking it was just a windows backup of an old drive.

It contained photos of my deceased child, parents and everything special to me. I could not get it back but used file recovery software to recover as many images as I could. They are scattered everywhere and out of order in 100's of folders and I'm yet to be able to restore or go through all of them.

Recently I installed this Virtual Clone Drive program however have no idea what it is.

Tonight, just happened to look in the recycle bin and there are a heap of these files in there from when I clicked disconnect on the virtual file. I can't restore them, have tried and tried but it wants me to put a disc in my K drive.

I have been physically ill for the last hour.

Please help me!

What vcd is is clearly described on the product page, basically it emulates an open drive where you can load CD/DVD/bluray ISO images in. It can't help you with your problem sadly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

This is way too late to probably help. You should go to www.filehippo.com and download Recuva from Piriform. Install it. It is a fairly small program so hopefully it will not wipe out your photos. Run it. Tell it to locate your lost photos. When it is through finding everything you will see a list of files with GREEN, YELLOW, and RED dots next to them. GREEN means GOOD, YELLOW means MAYBE, and RED means BAD. To put that in english, green means Recuva found all of the file. Yellow means it may have all of the file, and red means only some of the file could be recovered. Plug in another drive or jumpdrive before you start Recuva (I know - a bit late eh?) Anyway, save everything to the external hard drive or jumpdrive. Everything will be put into one place (whereever you select to save them). Under Windows - right-click->View->Thumbnail. Find the photos you want and then save them to where you want to keep them. (Like maybe back to your Photos directory.) Once through - delete the directory on the jumpdrive/external drive. Then - make a backup so you won't lose them again.

There are three pieces of software I always install on anyone's computer. These are all from Piriform. CCleaner, Defraggler, and Recuva. The first one cleans, the second defragments, then last one recovers. Three of the most important programs you can ever install. FileHippo has all three. I hope this helps. :)

And since this site isn't the reason why the files were lost to start. Also installing Recuva onto the HDD missing the files renders any recovery to "0".

Actually, anyone who says "Installing that there software is gonna wipe out everything ya know!" (in my best hick voice) doesn't understand how file systems work. Yes, it might wipe out A file but not all of the files and, if you are very lucky - it will wipe out a DIFFERENT file than the ones you want to recover. While it is true that you should install Recuva before anything goes wrong. You can still install it and usually it is still able to recover lost files. I'm currently trying it out on a CD that is over 10 years old because I can't get the files off of the CD. So I'm trying Recuva on it. May not get anything and in fact - it is more likely that >I< won't be able to recover anything than the person who needed it for their hard drive. This is because unlike hard drives (which began having shadow copies with Windows XP) - CDs are just written to without any kind of a backup area on it. So I'm probably hosed but the original poster is not. :)

Last, but not least - who cares if this site had nothing to do with them losing their pictures. If nothing else, the first responder should have sent them to www.majorgeeks.com or www.superuser.com or any of the other locations around the web that could have told them the same thing I did. A lot better than just saying "Not my problem" and it leaves people with a warm fuzzy feeling.:D

Back