• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FileIO Read Error--not bad disk

walkie

I checked the bad disk/hardware by Samuri...IMGburn does "successfully" create an ISO image, but when mounted (either with or without AnyDVD running) the image does not properly mount (the interactive elements don't function). However, the film plays well from the disc (with or without AnyDVD running). This makes me believe that I don't have a problem with my hardware, but I don't know what kind of software conflicts I may have now. I had Instant Burn on my computer, removed the files and I also used the instructions given to use imgburn to delete items in my registry. I tried using two different disks to see if perhaps one had been a bad disc over the other, but both give me a FileIO error when trying to rip them. Please help.

I have attached a log file.

My hardware is all HDCP compliant (not that it matters with a DVD, but who knows) specs are as follows: LG GGW-H20L , core 2 duo e6700 @ 3.5, 4 gigs gskill ram, dual sli 8800 gts 512, 680i motherboard, 700 watt psu.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Rampo.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
However, the film plays well from the disc (with or without AnyDVD running).

No. That's meaningless. Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.

but both give me a FileIO error when trying to rip them.

We need full error messages please. There's typically an error code. And File IO 3 does indicate a bad original disc (or a slowly dying drive).

Last edited:
true...there could be something wrong with the disk...my drive could be dying, even though it is not older than a year (are there many complaints about this drive conking out after a short period?).

I have attached a screen shot of the error msg.

Attachments

• Anydvdscreenshot.jpg
    Anydvdscreenshot.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
true...there could be something wrong with the disk...my drive could be dying, even though it is not older than a year (are there many complaints about this drive conking out after a short period?).

This is an SD DVD and not an HD-DVD or BD.

Please do the following:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

the log file is attached to my first post.

Sorry. I have no idea how I missed that. :(

I'm moving this thread to the AnyDVD forum since the source disc is not an HD/BD disc.

From looking at the logs I can't see anything that stands out.

Last edited:

There's nothing of interest with respect to protection on the original disc; it only contains CSS.

A FileIO 3 error is a read error typically perpetuated by a faulty original disc (unless your drive is dying).

These are your options (in order of likelyhood):

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

(are there many complaints about this drive conking out after a short period?)

I hope not since I have one, but all optical drives do slowly die over time.

Last edited:
Back