FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 229376

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by nashuaslick, Dec 30, 2007.

1. nashuaslick

nashuaslick New Member

I read some other posts about this error and the usual answer is that it is a bad disk. This is not feasible because I get this error almost regularly now when I try to use AnyDVD Ripper. Also get Copy protection error when trying to open disc in Nero Recode. Most recently this occurred trying to back up Family Guy S5. I will attach the log file. It seems as if AnyDVD doesn't work anymore??

OK, this is strange, I went in and enabled logging and it suddenly worked? Is this a bug?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76218&postcount=1

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).