• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File/program version on installers

WayToGo

Is there a chance your could include the file/program version detail on your installer files? It's helpful being able to quickly mouse-hover the installer to verify its version. I know you sort of include this in the file name ("AnyDVD8200") but still, this would be a nice touch. Thanks.

But if the version number is in the file name already to see at a glance, what's the point?

An example would be, if someone wants to maintain a single installer ("AnyDVD.exe" for example) and quickly overwrite it with every update, instead of constant renaming or deleting. Perhaps there are other scenarios where this might help and the file name can be renamed to anything, so it's not the most reliable indicator.

It's a not a major issue obviously but why not, even if just for the sake of completeness?

An example would be, if someone wants to maintain a single installer ("AnyDVD.exe" for example) and quickly overwrite it with every update
Many people, myself included, like to keep previous versions *just in case* there's a need to roll back.
Renaming the file yourself (i.e. deleting 4 digits) literally takes less than 5 seconds...

Like I said, it's not a life-and-death issue and I know what it takes to rename a file on each update. This is about filling a currently empty property field, nothing more, nothing less.

If it's an extra burden for the developers (or if there's some other reason) it'd be perfectly understandable. If it can be automated somehow, why not do it?

Anyway, just a minor request.

Like I said, it's not a life-and-death issue and I know what it takes to rename a file on each update. This is about filling a currently empty property field, nothing more, nothing less.

If it's an extra burden for the developers (or if there's some other reason) it'd be perfectly understandable. If it can be automated somehow, why not do it?

Anyway, just a minor request.
You know if you did a search online there are sites that archive old version of Slysoft RedFox and Elaborate Bytes older version. If one just search they will find it as well.

You know if you did a search online there are sites that archive old version of Slysoft RedFox and Elaborate Bytes older version. If one just search they will find it as well.
What you are saying here is completely irrelevant (not to mention rude).

Requesting that the version info in the properties isn't unreasonable.

There have been times where I for whatever reason screwed up the download name and screwed up which version the download was until a later time and I was unable to discern the actual version number without things becoming a pain. It would be nice if the version info was included in the properties but it's fairly common for developers to not include it. Great if it were there but if it isn't one can survive. I also don't really see where doing a search online is overly useful. A user is then relying on a third-party source for archives which isn't optimal, IMO.

On another note, I think users keeping their local archives in a manner with vaguely named installers is a problematic method. Including the version info is useful in quickly differentiating without even needing to mouse-over.

At the end of the day this is entirely up to the developers.

Last edited:
Back