• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feedback - Pocket guides?

I would search for the "suggestions for new features to be added to AnyDVD" Thread. THere must be lost of result. Ha!

The 3 posts above are suspicious, no?
Very similar user names too.

(Edit: The three posts in question have now been removed. I did alert a moderator).

Last edited:
The 3 posts above are suspicious, no?
Very similar user names too.

It looks like they've figured out that either Slysoft or the Forum members are alerting whoever runs the web page of the regular spam, so they are doing something else different to try to fool the Moderators and most of the Forum Members.

Great spot on observation on the suspicious links.

:agree:

It looks like they've figured out that either Slysoft or the Forum members are alerting whoever runs the web page of the regular spam, so they are doing something else different to try to fool the Moderators and most of the Forum Members.

They cant fool us, we have seen sig spammers before.:D

I recently joined another forum (completely different to what this forum is about), and because I'm a newbie on it, all my posts have to be approved by a moderator before it 'goes live' shall we say.

Although I've not noticed that much spam on here recently, it would be a great idea if it could be implemented here too. The only downside for genuine users is that it would be a short while before their post appear. Once they have proved themselves as genuine (say 10 - 20 posts), the restriction is lifted.

I recently joined another forum (completely different to what this forum is about), and because I'm a newbie on it, all my posts have to be approved by a moderator before it 'goes live' shall we say.

Although I've not noticed that much spam on here recently, it would be a great idea if it could be implemented here too. The only downside for genuine users is that it would be a short while before their post appear. Once they have proved themselves as genuine (say 10 - 20 posts), the restriction is lifted.

Good idea, but I guess Slysoft have their reasons why they don't do something like what you suggested.

I guess Slysoft have their reasons why they don't do something like what you suggested.
I've only seen it on that one forum I mentioned. It seems most forums allow access straight away.
Spammers are a very small minority, and it is good genuine users aren't penalised by the 'approve post' system - even though it does (appear to) work.
Apologies for going completely off topic.

Last edited:
I've only seen it on that one forum I mentioned. It seems most forums allow access straight away.
Spammers are a very small minority, and it is good genuine users aren't penalised by the 'approve post' system - even though it does (appear to) work.
Apologies for going completely off topic.

NP. Let's get back on topic though: Will Slysoft make any Pocket guides for their software??

Now, that would be something nice to have, even those like you and myself that are familiar with the software Slysoft makes.

No matter how clearly written and concise the guides would be, there will be a persistent percentage of new people who will not read what the guides have to offer, period. There are already "PLEASE read before posting" stickies in all the relevant fora (AnyDVD, AnyDVD(HD), CloneDVD, etc.) and still there are posters who say things like (without a log file, naturally):

Can't rip, help!

XXXXXX fails to read disc, your software sucks

Pocket guides are a good idea, but so is leading a horse to water. Getting either to do what comes after is the hard part. ;)

No matter how clearly written and concise the guides would be, there will be a persistent percentage of new people who will not read what the guides have to offer, period. There are already "PLEASE read before posting" stickies in all the relevant fora (AnyDVD, AnyDVD(HD), CloneDVD, etc.) and still there are posters who say things like (without a log file, naturally):

Can't rip, help!

XXXXXX fails to read disc, your software sucks

Pocket guides are a good idea, but so is leading a horse to water. Getting either to do what comes after is the hard part. ;)

True, very true. I've been trying to get some info from someone in the CD/DVD/BD Drives Forum who is asking for help with AnyDVD/CloneDVD, but isn't giving out any important info. I even gave him/her the 'Read before you post' link from AnyDVD, and the OP has still haven't given even a System Info log.

Back