• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

feature requests

see it, cool.

sorry, i haven't messed too much with the AS interface, where can i find the feature (settings or check boxes next to episodes) ?
It's still under development, once implemented the request will be moved to the 'implemented requests' sticky topic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

just revisiting the OP on this,

the one suggestion i had (the ability to choose no leading zero for season/episode identifiers), wondering if that's something the devs will consider ?

i know the suggestion got some flac on this thread, most ppl want the leading zero (i.e. S01E01) - i'm not opposed to eradicating the existing feature. just asking if a character combination can be added to AS in the template section, to be able to name the files without the zeros.

just asking if a character combination can be added to AS in the template section, to be able to name the files without the zeros.
I get the idea that people don't have a sense of priority. Everyone wants, in no particular order, more providers, automatic season downloads, more tokens, and a host of other things. Formatting names seems like something, even if approved, will show very late in the game. Are we going to hear more about this until your request gets approved? You have gone far beyond making your case.

I get the idea that people don't have a sense of priority. Everyone wants, in no particular order, more providers, automatic season downloads, more tokens, and a host of other things. Formatting names seems like something, even if approved, will show very late in the game. Are we going to hear more about this until your request gets approved? You have gone far beyond making your case.

i brought this up 5 months ago, check the date of the OP.

if i asked about it twice in that time frame, thats not unreasonable, considering i didnt see a dev mention they’d consider it or say something about it.

you sound like this ticks you off - you had the choice not to respond here.

You have gone far beyond making your case.

if you think you’r right, report me and i’ll gladly not bring it up again if others on here think you’r right.

as far as sense of priority goes, you’re very wrong about that if that statement is talking to me.

No flaming intended, but in my opinion it's more important to work out kinks or add features that benefit more than one user rather than adding a mask to get rid of a leading 0. Personally I couldn't care less about the amount of zeros as long as my Plex server correctly identifies the season and the episode of a show.
Besides, I think it's almost an unwritten standard to name shows SxxEyy.

I know I will get a lot of slack for my opinion about batch downloading, but beside it is very cumbersome I kinda prefer it the way it is now.
Less frequent downloads and variating times between single episodes makes it a bit less obvious to a provider.
Some may argue providers know anyway what users do, however as AS becomes more and more popular, providers will start counter measures if download traffic gets out of hand.

Just my 2c

you sound like this ticks you off - you had the choice not to respond here
I had the choice, yes, and does it tick me off ... no, not really. As far as I'm concerned, yours was just the one that caught my attention. What I am tired of is constant feature requests even though they have been requested many, many times before. It's almost not worth reading this forum. Reporting bugs is one thing, usage questions is another, feature requests have a sticky (as do other things of importance). How shall I say it - it is hard to sift through all the BS to get to something worthy of reading. Which is why I would not be a good moderator.

I had the choice, yes, and does it tick me off ... no, not really. As far as I'm concerned, yours was just the one that caught my attention. What I am tired of is constant feature requests even though they have been requested many, many times before. It's almost not worth reading this forum. Reporting bugs is one thing, usage questions is another, feature requests have a sticky (as do other things of importance). How shall I say it - it is hard to sift through all the BS to get to something worthy of reading. Which is why I would not be a good moderator.
Don't sell yourself short, all you need is a bit of patience.

just revisiting the OP on this,

the one suggestion i had (the ability to choose no leading zero for season/episode identifiers)

dude. all you need is some renaming software. i have an oldie but goldie called renamewiz. simply tell the program to search for S0 and replace it with S. same for E0. sure, its an additional step, but its fast and it works. i use it all the time.

dude. all you need is some renaming software. i have an oldie but goldie called renamewiz. simply tell the program to search for S0 and replace it with S. same for E0. sure, its an additional step, but its fast and it works. i use it all the time.

i have renaming software, Rename X, on my mac. makes batch renaming very fast and easy. thanks for the suggestion, i'll check it out ...

this request i have is not really a deal breaker by any measure. simply chimed in to see if it was taken into consideration -- doesn't look like it. oh well, I'll survive.

AS lives on the windows side. over there, i rename manually when i do a batch MP3Tag job. maybe there's some quick setup i can do in MP3Tag to do an automated rename for the first 9 episodes of a TV show. tend to want to do all tag editing and file manipulations locally in windows before sending the content to my network drive.

for now, i go into download settings and embed the seasons into the filename.
example: <tvshow name> S1E%e

Last edited:
Anything like this request should be via modifiable option setting
this request i have is not really a deal breaker by any measure. simply chimed in to see if it was taken into consideration -- doesn't look like it. oh well, I'll survive.

There's no reason why it couldn't be taken into consideration. What you're requesting could easily be accommodated via a preference option. As could many other things. The real question is in priority. The developers presumably have a planned workload and some sort of schedule. When could they plan in the options and features many of us have requested? Only they can determine that.

I really would like the year of the film to be included in the name templating. I know its likely not going to happen so I've never mentioned it. I basically have accepted the fact that I will need to rename about 99% of the files I download.

Not to sound like a curmudgeony old man but here goes... The 0 padded season/episode numbers are basically an unwritten standard. It's more logical to use a predictable number of characters in a pattern. The pattern is the same unless a show exceeds either 99 episodes or 99 seasons, which would be rare. For the exact reason you stated, having to rename the first 9, is essentially the reason to pad with zeros in the first place. Although this is almost the same flawed logic as the Y2K bug.o_O

I would implore everyone to learn some form of shell scripting. Powershell is incredibly useful on Windows and now with WSL you can bash even. It makes handling these things trivial. You can attach scripts to logs, events, schedules, etc. to accomplish these tasks.

For example, after a download is done, you can drop it into one of two shared folders on a server. One will scale the video down to 720p and the other won't. So if its a video you don't particularly care to have the highest resolution you drop that in the 720 folder and it gets converted to HEVC at 720 with and stored in your Plex folders. That's just one example.

Scripting is really not that difficult. In fact, I think scripting should be a required course throughout high school and college, just like math or science. I've automated about 90% of my daily work tasks with Powershell. Linux shell scripting is even better. Your kids can thank me later.

Maybe a more useful feature would to be able to have the ability to trigger a script after download. Then we can make it do anything we need after AS is done.

I would agree and disagree. Although I am coming at it from a different angle of life experience as well which probably accounts for the difference. At the nuts and bolts level I think computing as a whole has stayed much the same over the years. What has gotten more complex (in my opinion) is the consolidation of function into fewer devices and software packages. In other words, to move bits from point A to point B maybe you had 3 hardware appliances all with a clear cut CLI and all doing just 1 function but doing that function in a bulletproof manner. But at the present it is more likely those hardware appliances are now bundled into a single VM and all that functionality is accessed through a GUI with a zillion options because you took 3 appliances and turned them into one. It is also my experience that this consolidation of function and code has turned once bulletproof and fairly bug free appliances into sometimes buggy and difficult to manage software packages that are now a never ending cycle of updates. Just my take on it.

Yes, and on top of it, tight deadlines imposed by those that have no idea what is truly involved technically in combining these functions and code force add onto the bug bucket state most software has become these days. Cyberpunk 2077 is a great example of this imho.

Reactions: DQ
Yes, and on top of it, tight deadlines imposed by those that have no idea what is truly involved technically in combining these functions and code force add onto the bug bucket state most software has become these days. Cyberpunk 2077 is a great example of this imho.

I agree that having unrealistic expectations imposed upon a project can be harmful to people and the product you are trying to produce. And yes CyberPunk 2077 is evidence of this. Whatever management team drove that to an early release did nothing but harm to their own wallets. However, I believe much of the nonsense over "crunch" is inflamed goofiness meant to do nothing more than draw clicks on news articles from "journalists". But that is the state of "news" at this point.

I agree that having unrealistic expectations imposed upon a project can be harmful to people and the product you are trying to produce. And yes CyberPunk 2077 is evidence of this. Whatever management team drove that to an early release did nothing but harm to their own wallets. However, I believe much of the nonsense over "crunch" is inflamed goofiness meant to do nothing more than draw clicks on news articles from "journalists". But that is the state of "news" at this point.

Hey at least with cyberpunk you can give your man some chest lumps or your female a Oscar Mayer hot dog LOL tried to keep it PG-13

not sure how you store your shows, if multiple seasons in a single folder perhaps your situation applies. I personally don't use that sorting method for files and prefer no leading zeros. should not be too hard to add as an additional argument in the list.

The leading zeros are standard, to keep them in order. Try removing them in your downloaded episodes, and you’ll see just how quickly it becomes difficult to identify what episodes you have and don’t have.

can’t speak to file sorting issues, for me at least.

file explorer (windows), finder (mac), network storage file manager and the apps i use to view files in order by name list them naturally:

S1E1, S1E2, S1E3 … S1E9. S1E10, S1E11 …

without the leading zeros, sort by name appears correctly for me.

there are differences to the way machines see file names with or without leading zeros in a number:

01, 11, 12, 13 … 19, 02, 20, 21 …

i have seen that when using rsync in linux, where the copy operation handles files this way. if one babysits a copy operation they’d wonder if episodes 03 through 09 were ‘forgotten’ by rsync.

in a 24 episode season copy, i have seen rsync copy episodes 3 through 9 at the end.

i dont rely on filenames too much, i add id3 tag info to identify the content

edit: the different behavior of rsync i mentioned above occurs in my scenario where i don’t have leading zeros.

so for names with leading zeros, rsync handles them in the natural order.

Last edited:
without the leading zeros, sort by name appears correctly for me.

Yeah, I don't think that the major OSes have had an issue with that for a while now. It really only gets messy when you've got files using different naming conventions together in the same folder.

Yep, the graphical file managers are so far civilized to know how to handle the "missing" zero.
On command-line you will certainly get in trouble without proper naming, especially if you have several (more than 9) seasons all in one folder, see the example with powershell ...
2021-06-06%2017_37_07-Temp.png

Other than you I strongly rely on filenames, because I don't want the machine to handle files different than I would ;)

Back