• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: series grab with delay

Wizard Ozzie

Just a thought for a feature request.

It would be nice to automatically grab all episodes for a season or all episodes for a title. So the software would do one episode after another but also would like a delay between episodes to to keep flying under the radar. So a user could start let's say grab LilyHammer show at 4x with a 15 minute delay between grabs.

Because of spoty internet coverage for some it works best to get fast downloads and then delay between episodes so not to burn the upload counters.

Just a thought for a feature request.

It would be nice to automatically grab all episodes for a season or all episodes for a title. So the software would do one episode after another but also would like a delay between episodes to to keep flying under the radar. So a user could start let's say grab LilyHammer show at 4x with a 15 minute delay between grabs.

It helps reading the stickies https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/read-me-feature-requests-status-report.79296/
ID 78442

I did, I did not see the delay between episodes aspect I mentioned on it.

I was more referring to the first part.

would be nice to automatically grab all episodes for a season or all episodes for a title

I did, I did not see the delay between episodes aspect I mentioned on it.
That delay makes no sense from what I read in your first post. Why would you need a 15min delay between EACH episode when you could download one ep, then download another and another (manually) as of right now. Not everyone has spotty internet if that is why you mentioned it. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

That delay makes no sense from what I read in your first post. Why would you need a 15min delay between EACH episode when you could download one ep, then download another and another (manually) as of right now. Not everyone has spotty internet if that is why you mentioned it. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

They gave a reason in their post: "to keep flying under the radar". For some reason, I can't imagine why, they have been convinced that downloading episodes too fast or more than a certain amount is somehow going to trip alarms at the streaming services and they are going to be caught.

To be fair, it would be pretty awesomesauce to be able to queue up a 6 season series, set a timer for 35 mins between downloads .. and be able to just walk away and not babysit it. Would also be useful as an add-on for series downloading for the times you are running close to the wire on credits for some reason or another. (or don't have enough credits to get the full series in one go).

Last edited:
it would be pretty awesomesauce to be able to queue up a 6 season series
It's been approved for TV Shows, it's just pending. READ ME: Feature Requests - Summary List | RedFox Forum

set a timer for 35 mins between downloads
Not sure I would use this, but if the developers determine it's a simple feature to add when the time comes, then it will certainly add value to some people. I guess it really just depends on how many people want this feature...

With that said, I think this feature is driven by those who "might" be paranoid with getting flagged by their content provider(s).
However, that doesn't mean this feature request is entirely without merit for some.

With that said, I think this feature is driven by those who "might" be paranoid with getting flagged by their content provider(s).

Not for me. (Although I could understand why some users might jump to that conclusion, since the generic explanation for why there is a token system kind of plays around with that idea.)

I just like the idea because :

a) it should literally be 1-2 lines of code (depending on how you format your for loops), and a text box in settings.
b) if I were implementing asynchronous download methods, i would probably put a delay at the end of a download just to prevent potential race condition clashes anyways.
c) It would allow me to use my computer to do things that computers are good at - repetitive tasks without human intervention; instead of having to hang around my machine for hours just to click a button every 5-10 mins, and
d) allow me to set a 'delay' of longer than the time it takes to 'generate' a token so as to not have to try to 'keep track' to know if I'll have enough to download something in one go.
[Not something I worry about normally, but today, for example, with AP having been down for a while - and titles expiring at the end of the month - it would be handy]

It is most certainly a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'.

basically, I didn't think of it, and thought it sounded like a good idea - just for different reasons.
One of the features I like in PlayOn, is the ability to queue up a bunch of shows (say .. Bob's Burgers on Hulu), and then go off and live my life (chores, work, sleep, etc.) while they process.

d) allow me to set a 'delay' of longer than the time it takes to 'generate' a token so as to not have to try to 'keep track' to know if I'll have enough to download something in one go.
Honestly, I think that's the best argument for the feature request so far... (y) and so you've convinced me that the feature is definitely a
'nice to have', not a 'need to have'
although once the Queue (batch download) feature is implemented, this may become something of a necessity.
You've made some excellent points! (y)

For some reason, I can't imagine why, they have been convinced that downloading episodes too fast or more than a certain amount is somehow going to trip alarms at the streaming services and they are going to be caught.
True that considering the following facts:

• All of these streaming providers are UNLIMITED plans.
  • Streaming non-stop has NEVER been an issue with any of the Providers.
  • To this day, I have NEVER heard of a content provider telling their customers to stop streaming so much.
  • Not one person here has ever received any communication from APV, NF or D+ saying anything of the kind.
  • My AnyStream-ing is far less than my families combined streaming. Up to 4 simultaneous streams on our plan.

If so, I encourage them to provide a screenshot of the email. :D

True that considering the following facts:

• All of these streaming providers are UNLIMITED plans.
  • Streaming non-stop has NEVER been an issue with any of the Providers.
  • To this day, I have NEVER heard of a content provider telling their customers to stop streaming so much.
  • Not one person here has ever received any communication from APV, NF or D+ saying anything of the kind.
  • My AnyStream-ing is far less than my families combined streaming. Up to 4 simultaneous streams on our plan.

If so, I encourage them to provide a screenshot of the email. :D

And all of that ignores the fact that there are competing products which presumably use the same if not very similar technology to download without restrictions. If the issue is the streaming providers deciding to block whatever loophole and deny access due to overuse then every program is going to be caught in the crossfire regardless.

Not for me. (Although I could understand why some users might jump to that conclusion, since the generic explanation for why there is a token system kind of plays around with that idea.)

I just like the idea because :

a) it should literally be 1-2 lines of code (depending on how you format your for loops), and a text box in settings.
b) if I were implementing asynchronous download methods, i would probably put a delay at the end of a download just to prevent potential race condition clashes anyways.
c) It would allow me to use my computer to do things that computers are good at - repetitive tasks without human intervention; instead of having to hang around my machine for hours just to click a button every 5-10 mins, and
[Not something I worry about normally, but today, for example, with AP having been down for a while - and titles expiring at the end of the month - it would be handy]

It is most certainly a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'.

basically, I didn't think of it, and thought it sounded like a good idea - just for different reasons.
One of the features I like in PlayOn, is the ability to queue up a bunch of shows (say .. Bob's Burgers on Hulu), and then go off and live my life (chores, work, sleep, etc.) while they process.
Your c and d, are two of the most important aspects of this program which makes it very frustrating to use. I personally believe doing repetitive tasks with no errors is the primary strengths of computers, yet so many programs these days seem to be going back to more interactive models, when I am more of a set it and forget it, kind of guy. Also, when just looking around a provider and all of sudden realizing a show is available, for some reason you did not know it. But the catch being the only reason it came to your attention is because it is on the leaving list in a couple of days, and you are at a wall with your tokens. Now that I am on two providers, a major problem with no reasonable solution. For me living in Florida, the major afternoon thunderstorms are about to start, it would be good to set up for downloads in the early mornings. I am in lightning capital of the US.

For me living in Florida, the major afternoon thunderstorms are about to start, it would be good to set up for downloads in the early mornings. I am in lightning capital of the US.
Lightening rode into my home last June and did massive damage. Killed both garage door openers. Killed my electric range. Killed my HVAC system. Killed my cable modem and several ethernet switches. Killed the network ports in 2 laptops, in my printer, home theater receiver and front projector. Killed the HDMI board in my home theater receiver, the HDMI boards in my 8-port HDMI switches, the HDMI ports my plasma and front projector were using, the HDMI ports on several Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players, and the HDMI ports for my PS3 and PS4. Killed the power supplies in several of my Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players, in my SVS subwoofer, and over a dozen small power bricks as well, all fried. Drum roll please. Yes, I live in Florida. I wouldn't move back north for all the money in the world though. Lightening isn't exactly exclusive to Florida so.

Lightening rode into my home last June and did massive damage. Killed both garage door openers. Killed my electric range. Killed my HVAC system. Killed my cable modem and several ethernet switches. Killed the network ports in 2 laptops, in my printer, home theater receiver and front projector. Killed the HDMI board in my home theater receiver, the HDMI boards in my 8-port HDMI switches, the HDMI ports my plasma and front projector were using, the HDMI ports on several Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players, and the HDMI ports for my PS3 and PS4. Killed the power supplies in several of my Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players, in my SVS subwoofer, and over a dozen small power bricks as well, all fried. Drum roll please. Yes, I live in Florida. I wouldn't move back north for all the money in the world though. Lightening isn't exactly exclusive to Florida so.

Holy cow! That sounds like an insurance claim... hopefully.
I hope you're running all of your high value components through a UPS?

I use one in my living room and home office to keep key components online and protect others.

Living Room:
  • Backup Power: Modem, Router and NAS
  • Protection Only: TV, XBOX, and AppleTV
Home Office:
  • Backup Power: Extender (ASUS Mesh), Workstation PC, Laptop docking station, and 1 monitor
  • Protection Only: iPad Charger, HDD Dock/Cloner, and 2 additional monitors
I'm not saying a UPS will protect against a lightning strike, because they don't. You need a lightning rod for that. Combine that with a UPS and you should be in great shape. (y)
Code:
CyberPower 1500VA / 900Watts Simulated Sine Wave UPS With GreenPower Technology  | Costco
https://www.costco.com/cyberpower-1500va--900watts-simulated-sine-wave-ups-with-greenpower-technology.product.100277321.html

Holy cow! That sounds like an insurance claim... hopefully.
I hope you're running all of your high value components through a UPS?

I use one in my living room and home office to keep key components online and protect others.

Living Room:
  • Backup Power: Modem, Router and NAS
  • Protection Only: TV, XBOX, and AppleTV
Home Office:
  • Backup Power: Extender (ASUS Mesh), Workstation PC, Laptop docking station, and 1 monitor
  • Protection Only: iPad Charger, HDD Dock/Cloner, and 2 additional monitors
I'm not saying a UPS will protect against a lightning strike, because they don't. You need a lightning rod for that. Combine that with a UPS and you should be in great shape. (y)
Code:
CyberPower 1500VA / 900Watts Simulated Sine Wave UPS With GreenPower Technology  | Costco
https://www.costco.com/cyberpower-1500va--900watts-simulated-sine-wave-ups-with-greenpower-technology.product.100277321.html
Oh, yeah. It blew through a UPS and several of my surge protection units as well. I suspect it came in on my cable line and cascaded from there across my ethernet network and power throughout the house. There was an adapter on my cable line at the pole across the street from my house that was fried. The inside of the adapter was incinerated. The cable company discovered that after I replaced my cable modem and found I wasn’t getting a signal. My cable company buried the cable line for me. It’s no longer running through the air across the road as my power line is. Fun, fun, fun. Fully recovered from everything at this point. Added whole house surge protection also. So far so good.

Last edited:
Euh, a UPS isn't gonna do a damn thing against a lightning strike. All that is is basically a giant battery that will allow you to safely save what you're doing and power off normally in the event of a power outage. It will NOT prevent damage from a lightning strike, hell a strike can damage the socket the ups is plugged into and take the ups along with everything else with it.

You're talking about a surge protector.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Euh, a UPS isn't gonna do a damn thing against a lightning strike. All that is is basically a giant battery that will allow you to safely save what you're doing and power off normally in the event of a power outage. It will NOT prevent damage from a lightning strike, hell a strike can damage the socket the ups is plugged into and take the ups along with everything else with it.

You're talking about a surge protector.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

True that!

upload_2021-5-31_14-52-28.png

We get lightning once a year in SoCal... so we don't even need a lighting rod. Yes, that's a gross exaggeration, but we joke around about how it only rains three days on average per year so we don't need windshield wipers! :D

But it sounds like Florida residents need that lightning rod. (y)

Back