• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Seperate Media Location for Movies and TV Shows

Ugadata

The title sums it up, there are separate templates for Movies and TV Shows but both go to the same Media Location. I am asking for ability to download movies and tv shows to separate media locations as well.

Thank You,

You can already do that, provided the directories are on the same drive/mount point.

You can set "Downloaded media is saved to:"
"D:/"

The "Movie file name and template:"
"Movies/<movie title>/<movie title> [<provider>].mp4"
"Movies/%t/%t [%p]"

The "TV show file name and template:"
"TV Shows/<show name>/Season <season number>/<show name> - S<season number>E<episode number> - <episode title> [<provider>].mp4"
"TV Shows/%n/Season %s/%n - S%sE%e - %t [%p]"

I requested this to specifically use different drives/mount points.

I requested this to specifically use different drives/mount points.
Youre likely going to hate my overly technical answer, but you could mount your separate drive as a NTFS folder and then the previous suggestion would work. That's not a great solution, I know, but it is a solution.o_O

No it won't work unfortunately. The templates base their respective location on the ROOT path you specified in Settings > download > Media > Downloaded media will be saved in. You can only set 1 root path.

This came up before a while back, and I gave a straight forward solution: create soft links/junctions to wherever from one root, problem solved ;)

No it won't work unfortunately. The templates base their respective location on the ROOT path you specified in Settings > download > Media > Downloaded media will be saved in. You can only set 1 root path.

It will work if you do it this way....

soft-folder-mount-png.56788

Basically D: is a SDcard that automounts as D: then you can just Add... a new soft mount in to an empty folder such as listed above C:\Temp\Movies and once you've set your AS root to C:\Temp then you can create new templates to force movies to go into Movies folder which is a different physical drive.

Takes literally less than 1 minute to configure everything and achieve this very functionality without any external software.

Attachments

• soft folder mount.png
    soft folder mount.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 76
I believe what the op wants is under settings.

A box that reads "Downloaded movie media is saved to:" Browse

Then below it another box that reads "Downloaded TV media is saved to:" Browse.

That way he can download movies from Netflix, while downloading TV shows from Disney. The movies could go their folder or drive and the TV shows could go to their very specific folder.

I believe what the op wants is under settings.

A box that reads "Downloaded movie media is saved to:" Browse

Then below it another box that reads "Downloaded TV media is saved to:" Browse.

That way he can download movies from Netflix, while downloading TV shows from Disney. The movies could go their folder or drive and the TV shows could go to their very specific folder.

That's understandable, but you can either wait for that request to make it into some future version of AS, or you can take about 60-90 secs to set it up the way shown above and it'll work like that now.

...or just take 10 seconds every time you download something and move it where you want it ultimately. *shakes head*

...or just take 10 seconds every time you download something and move it where you want it ultimately. *shakes head*
Drag and drop, since the beginning of time, the cavemen invented it.:sneaky::confused:

Reactions: DQ
I am an automation junkie and I could go so much further even with hooking scripts into folder events and autodetecting telecined content for conversion, etc. Real conversation starter stuff....(y)

#Scriptz4Life

You can always spot people who have never been charge of something where time is money and every extra step, especially a repetitive one, can lead to mistakes. Some minor mistakes some major ones. Just like at work, I have to constantly tell people, "this is the 21st. century, your thoughts should be on efficiency, efficiency, efficiency, too suit your needs. We do a generic setup of these scales, which at this point is a very advanced computer. You should fine tune them to your needs. why are you using 5 clicks to get to point "A", when if you go into settings and enter these factors once, sure it may take you an hour or two to do this, but if you do it, it will take two clicks to get to "A", and with a proper backup you will never have to do this again." If I had a dollar for every, "it's just as easy to do this way," since 2010 and bought bitcoin I would be retired.

Back