• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Save location template support

liels

I would like to configure AnyStream to save locations flexibly, something like this
%Sh (%sy-%ey)/%Snt/

-->

Best Show Ever (1996-2003)/Season 01/

Worst Show Ever (2020-)/Season 02/

And create said directories if the don't exist yet.

It already is flexible and it already creates directories when they don't exist

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think the only thing new I see there is start/end year for TV series. But I don't know whether that's available or even reliable. How would Dr. Who be reported?

It would be reported based on how the provider names it, just like any other title

I may not be understanding things; for filename I can specify something like
%n S%sE%e - [%t]
which becomes
Best Show Ever S02E03 - [a funny thing happened on the way to the forum].mp4

For "Downloaded media is saved to:"
I get a browse button. I would like a template that would create

/Shows/Best Show Ever (1996-2003)/Season 02/

And drop the episodes in that folder

Create a template that matches what you want to do.

Just out of curiosity, what hole do you propose AS pulls %sy and %ey from?
For %sy "start year" and %ey as "end year", blank if the show is ongoing ... perhaps not metadata that is easily available to AS, obviously I don't care what the variable names actually are.

Create a template that matches what you want to do.
The feature I'm asking for is for storage location, not filename. Unless I am missing something the only option for storage location is a browse button that allows you to choose an existing directory. I'd like AS to create and store based on the show name and season. So for example, if I'm using AS for Amazon Vikings it will store in /parent/Vikings/Season XX while Netflix for Stranger Things would be in /parent/Stranger Things/Season YY

as i said, it already does that. Just click on the Settings > Download tab and then "customize movie templates" or "Customize TV show templates". In my case with a parent directory at F:/AnyStream my customized template of %p/Series/%n/S%s/%n - S%sE%e - %t results in

F:\Anystream\Amazon\Series\Supergirl\S01\Supergirl - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4 while for amazon that results in
F:\AnyStream\Amazon\Series\Grey's Anatomy\S01\Grey's Anatomy - S01E01 - A Hard Day's Night

Directories that don't exist, get created by anystream. Even recursive ones. The only thing you can't do yet is have the year in a foldername unless you temporarily hardcode the template like "%p/Series/%n (1996 - 2003)/S%s/%n - S%sE%e - %t. The year variable is currently only available for movies. Which would then (in my case result in for amazon for example

F:\AnyStream\Amazon\Series\Grey's Anatomy (1996 - 2003)\S01\Grey's Anatomy - S01E01 - A Hard Day's Night

For %sy "start year" and %ey as "end year", blank if the show is ongoing ... perhaps not metadata that is easily available to AS, obviously I don't care what the variable names actually are.

WHAT metadata, why don't you give some specifics instead of arm waving? Even between different sites, prime have different start years---compare Desperate Housewives in US, UK, and DE, US says 2005, UK and DE says 2004, would you be claiming it's a bug with AS when your date is set wrongly? How would AS now if the show is ongoing? What if either of the providers have incomplete series (as they often do)? You're asking AS to do things outside of its scope: to download and decrypt---it's the only thing it should do.

Last edited:
I would like to configure AnyStream to save locations flexibly, something like this
%Sh (%sy-%ey)/%Snt/

-->

Best Show Ever (1996-2003)/Season 01/

Worst Show Ever (2020-)/Season 02/

And create said directories if the don't exist yet.

Not to pounce on your Feature Request, but I assume you now know that you can customize your file naming based on the available variables within AS. However, what I'm starting to see is that you are looking for a Library (File) Management solution which AS is not designed to do. Using a ROOT AS directory is actually the best method to avoid duplicates during the process. Once complete, you can move them to your preferred final resting place.

As an example; for me, I do not download directly to my NAS. I stick with my 2nd NVMe drive for greater performance. Later I will run my batch file that will rename them to what I want based on my Excel tracker that I use to concatenate the old file name with the new file name. Afterwards, I place them in their final resting place on my NAS based on category: Movies, Special or TV.

Special just means Special Interest to include Documentaries, Stand-up Comedy, Music Performances, and the like.

I would rely on your preferred Media Manager (like, Plex, Emby, etc.) to provide you with the elegant display of your content which may or may not show the running years for a TV Series.

Best of luck...

as i said, it already does that. Just click on the Settings > Download tab and then "customize movie templates" or "Customize TV show templates". In my case with a parent directory at F:/AnyStream my customized template of %p/Series/%n/S%s/%n - S%sE%e - %t results in

F:\Anystream\Amazon\Series\Supergirl\S01\Supergirl - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4 while for amazon that results in

Ok, thank you. I think understand now. Directory information can be put in the filename field. That works. In which case I guess my only additional request (to the extent it's feasible) is to add variables for the start / end years of shows.

Ok, thank you. I think understand now. Directory information can be put in the filename field. That works. In which case I guess my only additional request (to the extent it's feasible) is to add variables for the start / end years of shows.

Yet again, WHERE would this data come from?

Back