• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Feature Request: Queue - Pause All/Resume All Button

SystemIdleProcess

When I'm queueing up things to be downloaded, I prefer to pause all the providers. This is because I get a bit of lag at the end of a download where I can't do anything within the interface.
It'd be nice to have a top-level button to Pause All/Resume All providers, so I don't have to go one by one.

Or to implement a setting to automatically start AS with everything Paused and then pausing it again when everything is finished.
It has been said that it could confuse users if they click download and then nothing happens, but by making it a setting that is disabled by default, it only happens when you want it.

The interface is always slow when you download files, or when the download is finishing.

If you're in the middle of a download waiting can be very long. During the downloading you can go to the settings and limit the speed to x2 or x1 and then the interface will be faster. But going to the settings can be also long as the interface is slow.

The interface is always slow when you download files, or when the download is finishing.

If you're in the middle of a download waiting can be very long. During the downloading you can go to the settings and limit the speed to x2 or x1 and then the interface will be faster. But going to the settings can be also long as the interface is slow.
That has nothing to do with the interface. It's just the site loading slower since most of the internet is occupied by the video download. When you then change it to 1x, AS will only need half of your connection (for example), so the site loads faster again. But I can +1 the lockup at the end of the download. If you download a small episode, it doesn't really matter. But if you download a large movie of 8GB (as I just did yesterday) and download onto an HDD like me (instead of risking your SSD with workload), then you can watch AS become unresponsive. I can click and scroll, nothing happens until it's done. Previously, there was a little message asking the user to wait.

That has nothing to do with the interface.
No it's not that, because I have a lot more bandwith than the speed I download and other things on Internet outside of AS are just running fine. The bottleneck is the writing process if you're saving on a slow location, if the download is slow the interface is slow, that should not happen.

If it was the connection it will not take for me 15-20 seconds by click each time I go to the settings to change the speed. File > Settings > Downloads > Change the speed > OK, it takes me around 1min30sec to do this when I download something.

then you can watch AS become unresponsive.
It's exactly what happened to me when I'm downloading, not only on the lockup.

Last edited:
The bottleneck is the writing process if you're saving on a slow location
That should only occur on the end of the file, when AS is compiling it. I save onto an HDD, and it often needs some seconds to finish. But during the download itself, I never really had issues.

That should only occur on the end of the file, when AS is compiling it. I save onto an HDD, and it often needs some seconds to finish. But during the download itself, I never really had issues.
I only see slowness at the end of the download, and I am saving to my NAS so that explains it. I figured it had something to do with it muxing the final file or something. Good info to know. Thank you

and I am saving to my NAS
Yes, it appears many have issues when using a NAS, or at least when the network connection to it is slow. If it only takes some seconds though, then it is normal.
Of course I could use my SSDs, but when running in background I don't notice it anyway and I don't want to put needless wear and tear on them. I then copy it onto my archive HDDs anyway, so I can also save it onto my temp HDD.

Back