• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Option for AnyDVD to Auto-Update

I would not use an automatic update feature since it would reset all my changed settings to default after every update and I would need to manually change them back anyway. If I have to dig out my mouse to make the changes I might as well also dig out the keyboard and do the install myself.

Besides, if I am not planning on ripping anything I do not just automatically install the update. I only ever bother to check for updates just prior to ripping something to the HDD. I also do not keep AnyDVD HD running since I do not have a cinavia aware player and all my ISOs have had the encryption removed I do not need it running at all times.

I'm sure if there was an auto-update feature added, it wouldn't reset everyone's settings every time; the same way manual installs are.

This feature would only be useful for people who regularly watch/backup mainly new releases.

I'm sure if there was an auto-update feature added, it wouldn't reset everyone's settings every time; the same way manual installs are.

This feature would only be useful for people who regularly watch/backup mainly new releases.

Manual installs reset several things every time, for example, auto start is reset to default (which is checked so it auto starts with Windows which I do not want)

+1, auto-update would be awesome. It's really annoying to have to manually install an update every few weeks.
Look at Google Chrome for a piece of software that does this well.

install an update every few weeks is nonsence, the only thing that comes out every few weeks are beta's and you don't have to install those. you only "NEED" those if you are having issues with specific discs or really do want the use the latest version. Other than that, the only other thing that comes out are standard releases and it can be longer than a month before a new version comes out

For people who only watch old bluray discs; I agree, the betas would be "nonsense". However, anyone who watches new release BD's regularly; will quickly find out that they "need" the latest betas to proactively prevent compatibility issues. So, the autoupdate feature would certainly benefit people who like to watch new movies regularly.

install an update every few weeks is nonsence, the only thing that comes out every few weeks are beta's and you don't have to install those. you only "NEED" those if you are having issues with specific discs or really do want the use the latest version. Other than that, the only other thing that comes out are standard releases and it can be longer than a month before a new version comes out

nope, as the auto-update would probably only detect standard releases and not beta's. That's why they are beta's. You don't want the general public install beta's if they don't want/need to and risc creating problems instead of fixing them. being too proactive isn't good either, beta's have introduced bugs before that werent present in releases.

Would love love love an auto-update feature. As for betas, there could be 2 update channels, Release and Beta. Maybe beta channel could have a password that would expire once in a while that a user would have to go get off the beta page? JRiver Media Center does something similar and it works great. Shouldn't be any issues with implementing this as long as it's an option. Really surprised it's not in there already.

Would love love love an auto-update feature. As for betas, there could be 2 update channels, Release and Beta. Maybe beta channel could have a password that would expire once in a while that a user would have to go get off the beta page? JRiver Media Center does something similar and it works great. Shouldn't be any issues with implementing this as long as it's an option. Really surprised it's not in there already.
Yes, I really need to do this, if I find the time...

Back