• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request - Log Directory setting

DQ

I sincerely looked to see if anyone else had mentioned this and could not find it but that's not to say I did not miss it. If I did I apologize.

It would be convenient to be able to change the directory where the logs go so that you can put logs in one spot and your media files in another.

Is this a big deal or some high priority want/need? No.

Just thought it would be easy to implement and handy to have.

Thanks

You can put them wherever you want, just remember where they are, you can also, just put a cherckmark in the setting and a logfile will appear in the AnyStream folder.

When I remember correctly (I think I heard it in the forum, but cannot remember how it was when I first used AS) you can set this directory when you start AS the first time.
In this case it is already there, only has to be possible to do it at any time through the settings.
If the folder gets written to the registry, you may be able to change it there, but I can't remember where the keys for AS are, maybe just search the forum about the registry.

You can't. You can set the main download folder but you can't specify a specific logs folder to place them in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n is correct, I always put them in my Documents folder or on my desktop so I can find them easily to upload.

Right, I understand you can move them. I actually do that manually every so often. But a log setting would alleviate that need.

Again, it's not some super big deal. Just a nice little thing to have as I see it.

Right, I understand you can move them. I actually do that manually every so often. But a log setting would alleviate that need.

Again, it's not some super big deal. Just a nice little thing to have as I see it.
The program has a log setting in the AnyStream folder, all you have to do is check the box in the settings.

I think this would be a great FEATURE REQUEST for you DQ. (y)

I personally don't like the automatic log files myself; I just create one when needed > upload and delete from my computer. However, for those that like the log files, being able to specify a log file directory is optimal.

Am I misunderstanding the situation here? Why do I have to ardently defend the mere suggestion of a small change to the program? I am not saying anything negative about it nor am I even stating it is insufficient in some way. My only motive is to explain that a small augment to the application would be beneficial as I see it. I even tagged it as low priority.

I am not at all trying to cause trouble or raise ire but this seems to me like I am being hassled for the mere suggestion. This is not the first time I have felt this way post making a suggestion and why I hesitated in posting this to begin with. I do not understand this as I am not being disrespectful, sassy or a jerk in any way.

If I am misreading it I do apologize but this does not seem right to me.

Am I misunderstanding the situation here?
I don't see anyone seems to be "mad" about it (only word that came in my mind to describe what you mean), for me everything seems to be fine.

I only can see RedFox 1 giving you the same wrong/ unhelpful answer two times (of course this is not against him):
to be able to change the directory where the logs go
all you have to do is check the box in the settings
This checkbox is only to set if a log will be createt or not. But he wants to change the directory where it gets saved to so he don't have to move them by hand.

Suggestion: You could download some things and when you are done or want to move them, just search for *.astlog in the folder to get every log. All you have to do now is press Strg+A and Strg+X, then go to the folder you want to have them in and press Strg+V. This way you can move them all at once without the need to select every single one, especially if you have a folder for every show or movie where you would have to go into it and select every file, then the next folder and so on. Using the search you will see every single log at once, no matter how many or if they are in hundreds of subfolders.

Suggestion: You could download some things and when you are done or want to move them, just search for *.astlog in the folder to get every log. All you have to do now is press Strg+A and Strg+X, then go to the folder you want to have them in and press Strg+V. This way you can move them all at once without the need to select every single one, especially if you have a folder for every show or movie where you would have to go into it and select every file, then the next folder and so on. Using the search you will see every single log at once, no matter how many or if they are in hundreds of subfolders.

Yes, I get that. I understand how to use Windows. I already move my files every so often but that is not the point. The point is to have an option in the app itself where I can auto redirect log files to a specific place. This would be super handy in my mind for a few reasons. The first I would not have to move log files manually. Second, when I move my media files around I would not have a directory cluttered with log files.

That's really all there is to it, no more, no less.

Yes, I get that. I understand how to use Windows. I already move my files every so often but that is not the point. The point is to have an option in the app itself where I can auto redirect log files to a specific place. This would be super handy in my mind for a few reasons. The first I would not have to move log files manually. Second, when I move my media files around I would not have a directory cluttered with log files.

That's really all there is to it, no more, no less.
I know what you want (no need to repeat it) and this was only a suggestion that came into my mind, good when you already know it.

You can specify where to put your downloaded files so they are not on the same directory as the log files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can specify where to put your downloaded files so they are not on the same directory as the log files.

No he can't. It doesn't matter which directory you specify for your downloads, if you enable automatic logfile creation the logfiles will ALWAYS be in the same directory as the download. You cannot use a totally different directory at this time. Eg: D:\AnyStream\Downloads for the video files and D:\AnyStream\Logs for the logfiles is currently impossible.

I know what you want (no need to repeat it) and this was only a suggestion that came into my mind, good when you already know it.

Sorry man, I was not trying to be sassy. Just trying to make sure I am understood.

No he can't. It doesn't matter which directory you specify for your downloads, if you enable automatic logfile creation the logfiles will ALWAYS be in the same directory as the download. You cannot use a totally different directory at this time. Eg: D:\AnyStream\Downloads for the video files and D:\AnyStream\Logs for the logfiles is currently impossible.

You can by using directories in your file name mask. Let’s say your download directory is C:/AS. In your mask for AP you could specify AP/ file name/etc. the same for NF and D+. So your AS directory looks like
C:/AS/AP
C:/AS/NF
C:/AS/DP

Log files would reside in C:/AS while the downloads would reside it their respective subdirectories.

Sorry I can’t give an exact example with the proper tags as I am not at my computer.

My file paths already use directories. You still can't set logfiles to a specific directory. Its not possible, period.

My file paths already use directories. You still can't set logfiles to a specific directory. Its not possible, period.

I never said you could specify the location of the log files. Reread the issue and my response. The OP was complaining that the log files and the downloaded files were in the same directory. I presented a solution that moves the downloaded files into subdirectories so that the downloaded files and log files are not in the same directory.

Might wanna re-read OP's line 2. The whole point of this topic is a request to be able to set a specific directory

Back