• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
First, let me say thanks to those that see value in this feature request that I have made. However, I would hope that arguments that do not add value to the topic be reconsidered. Why? Because, then the entire thread is taken down a rabbit hole and detracts from the overall objective of RedFox asking their customers to provide both application feedback and features they think will improve the product.

Secondly, I find it strange that a program improvement request which takes a dialog box (separate window/pop up) and places it into a PANE within the main interface is somehow NOT an improvement for both the interface and the usability of AS. A vast majority of the programs we use on a daily basis have multiple pane implementations. Look at Windows Explorer, (file explorer) in Windows 10, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Adobe Reader, VMware Workstation, Handbrake and yes… CloneBD, CloneDVD and AnyStream as well.

upload_2021-5-11_12-34-52.png

Do integrated PANES improve application stability and performance…? Few can answer this question, but using the pane instead prevents dialog boxes from stacking on top of one another which to me seems "more" complicated.

So, let's stop arguing about how this feature DOES NOT add value, and how it somehow makes the interface more complex, because anyone using this program knows how to use numerous other applications that are far more complex… and which utilize panes and dynamic panes as well. Dynamic is where we see information displayed and updated in real time as items are selected or processed… like that wonderful progress bar at the bottom of AS that was added and updated recently. For those saying it's more complex…. perhaps an example of another program like the ones I mentioned above would be a good start.

AS is still a young product with many more development stages to go. Let's hope we can help them along the way.

When you see "feature requests" to remove control from the USER… that's when a counterargument should come into play. Not a feature that adds control and ease of use for the User.

Last edited:
I agree, the queue/batch download could cause some bugs and the devs should only add this when they have fixed the other bugs and if they are sure that it will work.
But I don't get why some are against the UI change, I would welcome it.
As I already said,

This is a simple and good idea to solve/avoid a specific implementation for the "remember last episode/ scrollbar position" request, and it is easy to do as well since the devs only have to disable the automatic close from the downloadables window and move and stick it to the right side. This sounds far easier to me than add a function to autoscroll to a position, especially when the position is not set. I noticed this while using the VPN. When I scroll down to the bottom, the images are not there. But when they loaded after a second or two, this wil expand the list and it is not at the bottom anymore, but instead some episodes earlier.

And there is no need that they add batch download along with the UI change, but it could be a start to do this, because

But as I said, I agree that they should not speed things up regarding this request.
I also agree that a few more clicks don't make it difficult and people who only download some movies each week will not bother at all, but if there is a series with lots of episodes than it can be annoying to scroll down and search over and over again.
I agree with everyone's suggestions for features for the most part, I don't mind the UI changes or the queueing being added at all. I am just laying out the reality of the implementation of said features for a smaller outfit, I always play devil's advocate even against myself - it gives me more clarity on the ramifications - but sometimes it seems as though I am combative and I just accept that now.

Granted, a simple UI change such as removing the thumbnails wouldn't be likely to cause a rash of new issues/regression, but I got out of UI development specifically because my two bosses could almost never agree on a UI, and that was only two people. Backend stuff is way easier that way. I actually thought the way the OP laid it out was perfect. But as @RedFox 1 stated, he likes it that way, so instead of a simple removing the thumbnails, this becomes an adding a toggle feature which is new. I love new getting new features, I also just don't love having to code them.

First, let me say thanks to those that see value in this feature request that I have made. However, I would hope that arguments that do not add value to the topic be reconsidered. Why? Because, then the entire thread is taken down a rabbit hole and detracts from the overall objective of RedFox asking their customers to provide both application feedback and features they think will improve the product.

Secondly, I find it strange that a program improvement request which takes a dialog box (separate window/pop up) and places it into a PANE within the main interface is somehow NOT an improvement for both the interface and the usability of AS. A vast majority of the programs we use on a daily basis have multiple pane implementations. Look at Windows Explorer, (file explorer) in Windows 10, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Adobe Reader, VMware Workstation, Handbrake and yes… CloneBD, CloneDVD and AnyStream as well.

View attachment 56982

Do integrated PANES improve application stability and performance…? Few can answer this question, but using the pane instead prevents dialog boxes from stacking on top of one another which to me seems "more" complicated.

So, let's stop arguing about how this feature DOES NOT add value, and how it somehow makes the interface more complex, because anyone using this program knows how to use numerous other applications that are far more complex… and which utilize panes and dynamic panes as well. Dynamic is where we see information displayed and updated in real time as items are selected or processed… like that wonderful progress bar at the bottom of AS that was added and updated recently. For those saying it's more complex…. perhaps an example of another program like the ones I mentioned above would be a good start.

AS is still a young product with many more development stages to go. Let's hope we can help them along the way.

When you see "feature requests" to remove control from the USER… that's when a counterargument should come into play. Not a feature that adds control and ease of use for the User.

Forums are here for a discussion on the topics, its not meant to be a one way street. What you think is a simple UI change could actually entail quite a few other things you hadn't thought about. There are a few users right now on another thread having issues with subtitles and I have never had a subtitle issue at all, but this obviously was not the intent. That's an already existing feature and it doesn't work right - in some cases apparently - so more attention should go into fixing existing features before implementing new ones. Plus, just because I think you have a nice idea, doesn't mean that everyone will agree. Some people will resist all change.

In addition, the software you gave as examples are mostly all from globalized corporations with billion dollar budgets. Redfox has to be a tad more discerning when choosing a path.

Forums are here for a discussion on the topics, its not meant to be a one way street. What you think is a simple UI change could actually entail quite a few other things you hadn't thought about. There are a few users right now on another thread having issues with subtitles and I have never had a subtitle issue at all, but this obviously was not the intent. That's an already existing feature and it doesn't work right - in some cases apparently - so more attention should go into fixing existing features before implementing new ones. Plus, just because I think you have a nice idea, doesn't mean that everyone will agree. Some people will resist all change.

In addition, the software you gave as examples are mostly all from globalized corporations with billion dollar budgets. Redfox has to be a tad more discerning when choosing a path.
The program was actually made so all people could use it, the very knowledgeable, the not so knowledgeable, and even the slow ones could use it. Sooooo, the UI was ( I think) made pretty simple so everyone could use and enjoy it easily. I think making it more complicated would turn people away, just my opinion now, but think about it, the more people that could understand how to use it, would buy it. Doesn't make anything but sense. :):):)

Perhaps AS can be updated to operate without the need for those continuous "pop-ups" as they relate to completed downloads and loading playlists. I think this will greatly improve the functionality and ease of use for AS.

Looking for more constructive feedback on this topic if anyone is interested. Feel free to ask questions if my vision for this feature update was not conveyed clearly.

Caveat: Yes, AS has higher priorities right now that are currently being addressed, but that doesn't mean us Users abandon all other conversations about future enhancement possibilities... (y)

Personally, I think this would be a major improvement and not just because I'm the one recommending it. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Perhaps AS can be updated to operate without the need for those continuous "pop-ups" as they relate to completed downloads and loading playlists. I think this will greatly improve the functionality and ease of use for AS.

UPDATE:

I created a rugged prototype of what the Integrated Playlist feature request could possibly look like.

I'm using a TV Show for this example because it provides a better picture on why this is such a great benefit for AS. Here's my rugged PowerPoint generated prototype because I don't have Photoshop installed right now; total procrastination. :sleep:

upload_2021-5-25_23-28-37.png

The RIGHT PANE basically serves to replace all of the following dialog windows that we normally interface with, except for the 3rd one which basically tells us that its post-processing the content. In my example, I have left out the video thumbnails and episode descriptions to allow for more episodes to be visible at one time thus reducing the need for extended scrolling. My original proposal, requests that the thumbnails/descriptions are optional per user settings. This seems logical considering we want to add new functionality and not take anything away.

Notice that each of the old dialog windows now have a section within the RIGHT PANE, clearly identified with a white heading.
  1. Stepping through a normal process today, we start by selecting a movie/show in the LEFT PANE, thus opening the 1st dialog window (Downloadable items) where we are provided a list of available content for that selected title.
  2. Once we click the first Download button - an Episode in this case - it will open the 2nd dialog window (Download configuration). In this case, the Download configuration section would become active which allows us to select our Video/Audio/Subtitle settings.
  3. Once we click Download again, this will initiate the download and now that progress bar is displayed in the LEFT PANE at the bottom of the interface which includes that Abort button on the far right.
Note: I did not add a Download button in the Download Configuration section at this time, as I'm thinking this could become active based on the first item in the list. This way, we choose our settings, and either click Download for a single episode, or Download All once they implement a download queue. Either way will work; it's just a thought for now.

4. The third dialog will appear briefly to inform us that the content is being post-processed, and once complete, the final dialog window will appear stating Download completed.
In this example, the information will be displayed in their own sections without a pop-up dialog that forces the User to interact with it. In this case, they just see that it's done in two ways:
  • One; that progress bar for the Provider is gone, and two; when the Provider tab is selected, they will see what the last download was and whether it completed successfully.
Error messages should still pop-up if a download was unable to start or interrupted for whatever reason.

Here are the four dialog windows that we see now outside of the main interface. Now imagine they are integrated, along with a download playlist that is easier to click on and doesn't have to be opened for each episode. If you turn off the thumbnails and descriptions, you can see an entire Series that has fewer than 25 episodes approximately.

Plus, if you do have to scroll down, the scroll bar will not move after you initiate a download. Let's say you switch back to N*flix from APV, your playlist is still in the same place and (scroll bar) view. (y)

• 1st: Downloadable item(s)
  • 2nd: Download configuration
  • 3rd: Post-processing
  • 4th: Download completed. (last one)
upload_2021-5-25_23-28-37.jpeg upload_2021-5-25_23-28-37.jpeg upload_2021-5-25_23-28-37.jpeg upload_2021-5-25_23-28-37.jpeg

Last edited:
Any new takers...?
Good to bring your well build idea back into our minds but please keep also in mind that the pro version just launched so I don't think there are any news on that. Sure they might've tried something new but their main focus was to finish this thing I believe. It is late for me here but I hope you understand what I want to say.

Back