• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request - download queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting aside the name-calling and returning to the original topic:

A queue would be very helpful. As it stands now, downloading two shows requires returning to the computer every hour or so for several days to shepherd it.

I shudder to think about how much of a pain it would be to download a show with multiple seasons without a queue.

But I do agree that it makes sense to limit the queue if people think the current download limit isn't sufficient. I'd be pretty happy with a download-from-queue-no-more-than-X-hours-per-day-between-configurable-waking-hours limit. X could be configurable but capped. Then you could queue up multiple things and then let AS take its time.

Anyway, I now realize this partly overlaps with the already-approved item 12, so I think the request has been noted.

<snip>

I shudder to think about how much of a pain it would be to download a show with multiple seasons without a queue.

<snip>

Easier than you think: Brooklyn 99 (done), Bobs Burgers (done), Bones (done), Buffy (done), Burn Notice (done), NCIS (done), SG-1 (done)... thast's just to name a few, as the saying goes: things get done much faster when you just get on with it rather than complain... ;-)

You really have no clue... lol. By all means... keep trolling. I'm seriously happy you're so smart and contradicting at the same time SMH. You seem to troll into other people's genuine questions like you're somebody important, and then you proceed to throw sarcasm at anyone asking genuine questions all over the forum. Your type is so predictable. Your games are ridiculous. Why don't you just stop and let people be.

Where exactly am I contradicting? I said download queue makes AS an attractive target for pirates to cash-in from which will make it a target for vendors+studios. You cried why don't I think of home users. I said that cry was ridiculous because there was no way of differentiating the two from AS's perspective. You had a snowflake meltdown, called me a pirate and started name-calling. The simple thing is: I want AS to work long-term; gluttony and impatience of others will put a premature end to AS.

Good for you.

Others would like this feature.

The point is: you "shudder to think," I live it and haven't died; your prophecies of doom are simply unfounded, and I know at least one other person here who pulled more than I have and hasn't died either.

You all forget that Amazon and Netflix may be watermarking their content to track who distributes it. Any "pirate" dumb enough to give out what they download will quickly become a target. Download queue would be nice to pad my own media server in house, specially with all the stuff that Netflix and amazon dump monthly. I'm not giving stuff out, hell, I'm paranoid letting anyone access my media period. No need for the fighting though, doesn't solve anything.

You all forget that Amazon and Netflix may be watermarking their content to track who distributes it. Any "pirate" dumb enough to give out what they download will quickly become a target. Download queue would be nice to pad my own media server in house, specially with all the stuff that Netflix and amazon dump monthly. I'm not giving stuff out, hell, I'm paranoid letting anyone access my media period. No need for the fighting though, doesn't solve anything.

Just because they have a patent on some tech. doesn't mean they're actually using it; if you look at how many patents there are at the PO that relate to blu-ray discs vs how many are actually in use, you'd be very surprised. On top of that, there's no reason to think that the watermarking will stand up against stream-differential attacks. I don't share my media either; not because I'm paranoid, but because if I've paid for it, the next guy can either do same or go without, but people like you or I are not the problem.

I very much doubt either of the providers worry about casual home "downloaders" (for one, they know that no way in hell run-of-the-mill mortals would be able to afford storage for the en masse downloads). But when they start getting a significant impact (imagine all those on at least 1GbE lines queueing hundreds of episodes and going for unlimited speed while hammering the CDN) and add the ease with which career pirates would be able do same. The fact remains 10% of people tend to cause 90% of the problems (it's not 20/80---that's wishful thinking). The reason why providers are tolerant of screen recorders with queues is both the bandwidth and the "not attractive for pirates" considerations. Recall that the reason the dogs were unleashed against SlyFox was that AnyDVD HD made it way too easy to rip and pirate BDs. In the instant case the "technical measures" would be much easier for the vendors: download, install, and use our SGX-sandboxed app, or watch SD in your browser.

Old news

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/amazon-patents-anti-pirates-hidden-watermark.79782

Amazon only atm

There are tons of dumb patents that are filling up various POs around the world, and I suspect this one might be more of the "stick a dummy CCTV camera"-to-deter kind; certainly downloading the same presentation by multiple sources and comparing the downloaded streams would tell one how effective that is, if it's being used at all, and you don't actually need to compare the files themselves, just the carefully crafted Merkle Trees will do.

yup, just because someone patents something, doesnt mean it gets put in production.. On top of that, even if they put it in for real. Unless you as a user are dumb enough to upload your downloads onto the web for eveyone to get, it's your own doing if you get caught

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back