• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request - audio only

florian78

Hi,

is it somehow possible to get audio only?
e.g.
1) first download Full HD + language 1 + wanted subtitles
2) second download no video + language 2
would make it faster...

I know I can select the smallest resolution of the video...but hey...a option with audio only would be even better in my opinion.

Br, Florian

I can’t see this being implemented as as provider sees it as a stream. AnyStream shows whatever is made available to it by the provider. Hard to justify only audio as someone can always just not watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

is it somehow possible to get audio only?
e.g.
1) first download Full HD + language 1 + wanted subtitles
2) second download no video + language 2
would make it faster...

I know I can select the smallest resolution of the video...but hey...a option with audio only would be even better in my opinion.

Br, Florian
This is a streaming video program. There are literally 100s of audio download programs, I doubt it's even an option but who knows what the future holds, certainly not me.

but hopefully you get why I want this but maybe I can explain it a little further.
Of course the perfect solution would be:
1) first download FullHD + language 1 + language 2 <-- no need to multiplex the file <-- the downside is...anystream cannot do this yet...
so next best thing would be:
1) first download FullHD + language 1
2) second download audio only <-- the downside is...anystream cannot do this yet...
3) multiplex the file to one file

so the only option currently is:
2) second download lowest resolution + language 2 <-- downside: the video isn't needed at all...so basically it is totally usesless in case of bandwith and so on...but ok, it's better than nothing.

so yeah...anystream is a streaming video programm....but I want two languages and it is really a downside that there is only the above method available which takes extra steps and time.

but hopefully you get why I want this but maybe I can explain it a little further.
1) first download FullHD + language 1 + language 2 <-- no need to multiplex the file <-- the downside is...anystream cannot do this yet...
2) second download audio only <-- the downside is...anystream cannot do this yet...

2) second download lowest resolution + language 2 <-- downside: the video isn't needed at all...so basically it is totally usesless in case of bandwith and so on...but ok, it's better than nothing.

so yeah...anystream is a streaming video programm....but I want two languages and it is really a downside that there is only the above method available which takes extra steps and time.

Again it would be hard to download 2 different languages at once. When you stream a show only 1 audio track is played. I don’t see this ever being added to be honest. I don’t work for RedFox though so I could be wrong.

The CDN just sends you whatever you choose. AnyStream doesn’t do anything with the video such as multiplexing or encoding. It’s not what the software was designed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so yeah...anystream is a streaming video program....but I want two languages and it is really a downside that there is only the above method available which takes extra steps and time.
Pete already stated why this was a bad idea in another thread.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/download-multiple-languages.82320/

Back