• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: AS like a generic WV downloader

Looza

Hi, don't want to talk about how AS works, even if I understand it. Being able to find in a web page the link to a streaming and the relative link for the license. Why not give the option to manually enter these two links and then use AS's engine for download? In this way who Is able can use AS for any site in the world that use WV.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Let me know what you think. Thank you.

I don't think you will see this.
First this is not the intention of AS, it is build to be a simple downloader for everyone, without the need to deal with cmd and so on. And maybe you know how to find the links needed, but when they add this there will be plenty posts in this forum how it works because I think many users will not understand this.

Second the other providers can use a different implemention of WV, see the SD issue with Amz: Amz changed something, but NF was not affected. Only Amz was limited to SD and D+ is still 720p.
So even if they add it, you could get plenty DRM licence errors if the provider uses a way AS don't work with.

At the end it might be better as is: Only add a new provider when they managed out how it works so everyone can use it or if it would be possible (this is up to the devs) then add a big text into the url input window that this is only for expierenced users or that there can be errors. But even then I can already see many posts that people are not able to use it or "how do I get the links".

Last edited:
I don't think you will the this.
First this is not the intention of AS, it is build to be a simple downloader for everyone, without the need to deal with cmd and so on. And maybe you know how to find the links needed, but when they add this there will be plenty posts in this forum how it works because I think many users will not understand this.

Second the other providers can use a different implemention of WV, see the SD issue with Amz: Amz changed something, but NF was not affected. Only Amz was limited to SD and D+ is still 720p.
So even if they add it, you could get plenty DRM licence errors if the provider uses a way AS don't work with.

At the end it might be better as is: Only add a new provider when they managed out how it works so everyone can use it or if it would be possible (this is up to the devs) then add a big text into the url input window that this is only for expierenced users or that there can be errors. But even then I can already see many posts that people are not able to use it or "how do I get the links".

for this functionality there is little to ask on the forum .... either it works with the provider you are interested in or not. Two boxes are enough in one to put the link of the stream (mpd or m3u8) that AS analyzes it as it does with the providers it already manages and makes me choose the resolution, language and subtitles. In another box you enter the link to obtain the WV license. AS is already has everything to be able to work.

For those who fail, absolutely no assistance must be given on the forum, I see this as an advanced function, to help those who use in addition to large providers live in countries where there are small providers that will never be taken into consideration and certainly will not use a WV with advanced protections such as AP, DSNP + or NF.

netflix still has like over 60% of movie titles in 540p. i thought that was due to widewine whatnots. isnt it?
Yes, this is true but I think the DRM changes only were for Amz. I would say the 540p on NF were already there before the changes came to us.

Why use the Word "any" for the name of the app if It support only some providers?

Instead for the app for the BD/DVD it is appropriate because work for all country disc.

Why use the Word "any" for the name of the app if It support only some providers?

Instead for the app for the BD/DVD it is appropriate because work for all country disc.
The powers that be thought it would be a great name for an awesome product, we are still in our early stages, it will download AnyStream from any provider we choose.o_O

Last edited:
Will there be upgrade options available to those of us that purchased lifetime licenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will there be upgrade options available to those of us that purchased lifetime licenses?

yes it's in the thread redfox 1 linked to. 60 euros but there will be an introductory discount

Just read the post:
"Pro will cost 50 EUR on top (no matter if 1y or lifetime), upgrade will be 60 EUR (for sure with a nice discount in introductory phase)."

Back