• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: add year variable to AnyStream for Movies & TV Shows

RickDR

It's very easy to do an automated search on the various dbs if you have the name and year of the movie or tv show so you can pick up meta data. So being able to add the year variable to the naming entries would make this easy. Amazon and Netflix includes this in their pages, and I have seen it on pages for other sites mentioned here.

+1 to this :)

Thanks for your Feauture request I want this to.

No, until prospere specifically approves of denies a request it doesn't get added to the list. None of the ones you link to have a direct approval or deny.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ah, I thought "under consideration" was an option for the list (like for 79093, etc.)?

I would add this idea makes sense, BUT, with a lot of the years that AMZ has associated in their show descriptions, I've noticed they were the wrong year and for a lot of the older titles it seemed to be the year AMZ made it available on their service - ie: Movie from 1995, AMZ had it as 2017. I was doing quick searches online to find the correct release year.

I would add this idea makes sense, BUT, with a lot of the years that AMZ has associated in their show descriptions, I've noticed they were the wrong year and for a lot of the older titles it seemed to be the year AMZ made it available on their service - ie: Movie from 1995, AMZ had it as 2017. I was doing quick searches online to find the correct release year.
Yes this suggestion has been made and I am all for it. Shortly after it was made someone suggested a box feature where you can add a release year. After having the same experience you have had with Amazon release years, I firmly believe a box feature would be best instead of gathering the information from the download's meta data. I will give Amazon credit for one thing, if a movie has the exact same name as another, it includes the release year in the title. But Amazon having so many release years off by one year and the scrappers becoming more and more picky, there is no room left for incorrect data in naming profiles anymore.

I have also noticed this and also with DVD's and Blu-ray's.

Could it be that a film/movie was originally released in 1965 but only became available in a digital format in 2017, or it's a re-mastered version.

Yeah AP does crazy still with the years sometimes. I've noticed that if the film is on a "channel" like Starz or something, the year will be wrong. I've even seen some older movies with a year of 2021 for some reason. I'd love a year naming variable too but fear how often it would be wrong.

Can we not do that manualy?
You can, but you fail to realize if you do it manually in the path of a movie, and you for example download a 2019 title, if you then forget to change it to 2021 for a movie you download from the beginning of this year, that 2021 title will also be in the 2019 folder and have 2019 in the filename if you added it there too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's very easy to do an automated search on the various dbs if you have the name and year of the movie or tv show so you can pick up meta data. So being able to add the year variable to the naming entries would make this easy. Amazon and Netflix includes this in their pages, and I have seen it on pages for other sites mentioned here.

Hi @RickDR

This will definitely be nice. I've had similar titles from different years prompt to overwrite; think of The Karate Kid for example (1984 & 2010). I would have to rename the first file before clicking Yes in the AS prompt. If you click No, you'll need to start the download process over again. By renaming the file first, AS will not be able to overwrite it because it technically no longer exists.

Caveat:
When it comes to APV, you will find many titles that are off by one year when compared to IMDb... which Plex uses to identify Movies/Shows.
I've seen some that use the year the title was remastered and re-released, or a Director's Cut, Extended, etc., of the same movie; not the original release year.

Examples:
It's more apparent when you are monitoring Plex as it recognizes recently added. Most of the one's that do not MATCH automatically will need the year adjusted manually before properly matching, or make sure your files are using the year provided by IMDb.

Hi @RickDR

This will definitely be nice. I've had similar titles from different years prompt to overwrite; think of The Karate Kid for example (1984 & 2010). I would have to rename the first file before clicking Yes in the AS prompt. If you click No, you'll need to start the download process over again. By renaming the file first, AS will not be able to overwrite it because it technically no longer exists.

Caveat:
When it comes to APV, you will find many titles that are off by one year when compared to IMDb... which Plex uses to identify Movies/Shows.
I've seen some that use the year the title was remastered and re-released, or a Director's Cut, Extended, etc., of the same movie; not the original release year.

Examples:
It's more apparent when you are monitoring Plex as it recognizes recently added. Most of the one's that do not MATCH automatically will need the year adjusted manually before properly matching, or make sure your files are using the year provided by IMDb.

Hmmm, I use Emby and get pretty good hits. In your examples, the LSH of 86 and 19 are two separate movies and my metadata reflects that. That's why you add the year. I use the IMDB for my primary so Downfall is not an issue. I do manually put in the year FOR the metadata match not after. AS downloads file and I have the Emby format set up in AS settings so each name is followed by a Paren pair. I right-click and macro asks for the year and then injects the year between the parens, done. That way I do very little intervention and save tons of time.

Hmmm, I use Emby and get pretty good hits. In your examples, the LSH of 86 and 19 are two separate movies and my metadata reflects that. That's why you add the year. I use the IMDB for my primary so Downfall is not an issue. I do manually put in the year FOR the metadata match not after. AS downloads file and I have the Emby format set up in AS settings so each name is followed by a Paren pair. I right-click and macro asks for the year and then injects the year between the parens, done. That way I do very little intervention and save tons of time.
I’ll admit I’m a bit confused by your response. You originally requested the year variable be added to AS as a Feature Request. Four months later it sounds like your stating the year is no longer an issue for you… because of Emby… renaming the files for you automatically?

Last edited:
Back