• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Feature Request] Add audio language to naming template

Uhm, I was able to download "Borat: VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministry of Censorship and Circumcision" which is an even longer name, just fine.
The filename is truncated though:
"Borat- VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministr... - S01E01 - 101_.mp4"

Must have been one if the fixes in recent versions...

Really??

Question, I know the outside quote marks are yours but how did the quotes around Sub-acceptable get included in a file name? That's an illegal character, at least in Windows files...

So I'm not sure which version I used, but I'll look into that.

Back to the original point, tbh, even if the download for Borat had not errored out I would have preferred to change that ridiculously long name pre-download.

My guess is you would too -- your title name is even worse! LOL!

T

Last edited:
Only the standard quote are reserved by windows because it's used in windows commands, all others kind of characters are allowed, you can execute "charmap arial" in windows for example to see all the characters and copy paste.
There is certainly shortcuts like altgr + number but I don't know them

Only the standard quote are reserved by windows because it's used in windows commands, all others kind of characters are allowed, you can execute "charmap arial" in windows for example to see all the characters and copy paste.
There is certainly shortcuts like altgr + number but I don't know them

Ok, but those look like standard quotes...

T

standard quote : " (key directly on the keyboard)
Other quotes : ‘ ’ “ ” ″ « » (generally shortcut) I know there are US, British, french quotes and certainly others.
Look on the characters console.

They only look like standard ones ... try to copy the ones I posted to a new filename, Windows lets you do that ... it won't with standard quotes.

An even better proof: try to zoom in with your browser by CTRL + mouse wheel ... you can spot the difference ;)

standard quote : " (key directly on the keyboard)
Other quotes : ‘ ’ “ ” ″ « » (generally shortcut) I know there are US, British, french quotes and certainly others.
Look on the characters console.
They only look like standard ones ... try to copy the ones I posted to a new filename

Tried that. And it worked!

Well, learn something new everyday. :p

Thanks for clueing me in.

T

How obout not downloading it in a folder with the same name?

Uhm, I was able to download "Borat: VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministry of Censorship and Circumcision" which is an even longer name, just fine.
The filename is truncated though:
"Borat- VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministr... - S01E01 - 101_.mp4"

Must have been one if the fixes in recent versions...

So I'm not sure which version I used, but I'll look into that.

Ran into this problem again tonight with another very long title.

Downloaded the latest AS version and used that, but still had an issue.

Then downloaded the title as a file without the folder -- and finally it worked.

So thanks guys.

Wish I knew this before Borat "left" Prime... :=)

T

Back to the original topic:

I wrote a powershell script that monitors the download folder of AnyStream and adds the audio-language to the filename:

E.g. media.mp4 > media.eng.mp4

It is based on a script using FileSystemWatcher.
To determine the audio-language the script uses ffprobe from ffmpeg.

The path to ffprobe.exe may have to be adjusted:

$PathToFfprobe = "C:\bin\ffmpeg\bin\ffprobe.exe"

While the script is monitoring, every second a dot is written to the console.

Have fun with my first powershell script ever. I hope that I have copied the best that google has to offer.

EDIT: There seems to be a bug, when subtitles are downloaded too, the renaming fails....
Workaround: Download subtitles with the last language.

Attachments

• watchanystream.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is probably not going to happen, because multiple audio languages are probably going to be added at some point. And then we're sitting with a variable for the audio language that can't be filled in a reasonable sense anymore, but people have it in their settings.
I'm really looking forward for multi language download cause usually I waste twice as more tokens for the same series only to get a dubbing track.

Version 0.2 watchanystream.ps1

Attachments

• watchanystream.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
Ok... but when you download a season, you have to change the name and after relaunching the season with new audio....
franckly why waiting to implement this simple work arround ? only a %a to manage...

Back