• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Fastest Download Speed Seen when using Unlimited?

YoGriz

The highest I've seen so far when downloading 1080p content from AZ is 20MBps. I've been curious about the speed records others have set.

23-26MBps, which is at the top of what we have, 250Mbps. AP sometimes is acting up, up until today usually in the evening where speeds would drop to 1-5MBps which is, let me crunch the numbers... 10-35Mbps? today it happened in the morning as well. this never happened before. it was the same series, same season, purchased stuff so im guessing that might be the problem, although i dont know how would that be possible. other providers always work full speed, no complaints.

with my ISP gigabit speed i hit 40-80MB/sec easy. Impossible to say for sure what AS download speeds are. There's no accurate info on that available.

Varies between 80-100MBps on our 100/100 line, NF/AZ/D+, they all absolutely shatter our connection at home (sweden) .. cant do much else when using unlimited so 4x often better

I notice speed difference between content (AZ). Movies downloaded from AZ US which are also available in AZ UK/Europe download a lot faster. Mostly these are Amazon originals, so maybe that's the reason?

Varies between 80-100MBps on our 100/100 line, NF/AZ/D+, they all absolutely shatter our connection at home (sweden) .. cant do much else when using unlimited so 4x often better

At 80-100MBps...you'd be downloading a typical movie in about 10-30 seconds.

No not really,100MBps typically 3.7 GB in 4-5 minutes but Ch3vr0n's gigabit 40-80@MB/sec just might :D

I think ya'll are conflating megabytes and megabits per second. Most things speed related are in megabits (which I think is a marketing thing from way back so the number looks higher). But windows does not not help that because while hardware gets rated in bits windows shows bytes in general if I recall correctly in most cases.

Just my 2 cents on that.

Yeah, if your not careful you can get stung by the 'B' ;):p:dance:

b = bits
B = bytes

Reactions: DQ
I’ve managed to get up to 40MB/s by plugging my main PC into a mesh router point.

I’ve managed to get up to 40MB/s by plugging my main PC into a mesh router point.

How old is your router? 802.11n can easily hit 300mb/s, and that's from 2009. If you're seeing faster speeds over a wired connection, sounds like you need a better wireless access point.

How old is your router? 802.11n can easily hit 300mb/s, and that's from 2009. If you're seeing faster speeds over a wired connection, sounds like you need a better wireless access point.
I think there’s some bits and bytes confusion here. I’m getting 40 megabytes per second download from AMZ or 320 megabits per second. I was using an 802.11ac NIC before (20MB/s, 160Mb/s) and am using an eero Pro 6 I bought last month.

Router isn't everything. You can have a gigabit cable router, if your ISP package only allows for 100MB speeds you're not going to get gigabit internet speeds. Your internal home wifi would be gigabit capable but that would be where it stops.

Router isn't everything. You can have a gigabit cable router, if your ISP package only allows for 100MB speeds you're not going to get gigabit internet speeds. Your internal home wifi would be gigabit capable but that would be where it stops.

I understand. Comcast gives us 949 megabits download and 41 megabits upload. I haven’t been able to achieve the gigabit Wi-Fi dream. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update: I was able to get 50MBps or 400Mbps from Pa+ on AS 1.4.4.1 downloading 1080p content.

10gbit internet connection now, 2.5gbit NIC. writing to a HDD (shucked WD white lable, so not the speediest of drives) max ive gotten is around 90MB/s from local providers (AP, DSN+, NF). i also have HMAX and P+ but those are US based, so VPN only and max ive gotten there is around 20MB/s.

10gbit internet connection now, 2.5gbit NIC. writing to a HDD (shucked WD white lable, so not the speediest of drives) max ive gotten is around 90MB/s from local providers (AP, DSN+, NF). i also have HMAX and P+ but those are US based, so VPN only and max ive gotten there is around 20MB/s.

White label, hello fellow WD Shucker. ^^

And congrats on your 10-gig service.

Great conversation thread, keep it going in the Gen Chat forum guys.;)

White label, hello fellow WD Shucker. ^^

And congrats on your 10-gig service.

haha, yeah. not in US anymore and im not paying 270$ for a 10tb red plus, or 240$ when on sale. lol. just the other day amazon US had it for 200$ on sale. i miss the good ole US. and, to boot, i never shucked before and then i realized people shuck for their NAS and they have some sort of RAID, so if one goes out no biggie. i have 3 red plus' and one white label, no RAID. so am hesitant on shucking again. lol. especially since im murdering the poor ex-external drive. luckily it is filled now and it stays put for the time being. and 10gig... it is a fad. lol. first, what the hell can write that shizzle? a HDD definitely can not. SSD? maybe, probably. how many people are storing their media on a SSD? probably 5 on the entire continent, hahaha. also, you need a 10gig NIC. ok, 100$ for the asus one, but it gets brutally hot. so, yeah... we have 10gig since the price difference between next lowest tier, which is 1gig is like 10$. totally weird tiering here with my ISP. anyways, cheers!

Back