FAQ - Please READ THIS before you post!

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Ch3vr0n, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Anystream is a powerful new product that lets the user grab their favorite stuff directly from Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, and download it into a unencrypted mp4 file container. This product is intended for FAIR USE only!

That said. Below you'll find a FAQ which should hopefully address some potential concerns. If you have feature suggestions, please post them in forum. They will then be added to the feature request - status report sticky. New FAQ entries may be added over time.

F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is my login info secure?

A. All user login credentials are transmitted directly between the user PC and the service provider over an encrypted channel

Q. Which algorithm is used to secure my login information?
    A. Login information is encrypted with a one-way SHA-512 algorithm, which by itself has 256-bit collision resistance which is unbreakable.

Q. Can Redfox read and/or intercept any part of my login information?
    A. No, no part of your login information can be read and/or intercepted.

Q. I'm getting the error "Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.", what can i do?
    A. Please make sure you have at least Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.16.27027.1 installed. As per this post here, clicking modify and then repair should fix this problem.

Q. I'm using windows 7 64bit, but 64bit AnyStream will not run
    A. Due to a very peculiar issue in windows 7, 64bit AnyStream cannot run properly. Only 32bit AnyStream is supported on Windows 7. 64bit AnyStream REQUIRES Windows 8 or higher.

Q. Are there any download restrictions?
    A. Yes, unfortunately due to massive abuse of the trial version in the initial versions of AnyStream. Download restrictions were forced to be put in place. These limitations are as follows (and will be re-evaluated after a while)
    • Trial versions: 10 Downloads in total for the 21 day period. When downloads have been "consumed", they refill at 1 every 24h. This amounts to a maximum of 31 downloads in total for the entire trial duration.
    • Licensed versions: Approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid blocking by streaming provider. Quota starts at 100. When downloads have been "consumed" they refill at 1 every 36 minutes. This amounts to approximately 280/week + the initial 100.
    Q. How does Redfox keep track of these amounts?
    A. They don't, not accurately. An algorithm called "Token Bucket" is used keep track. In order to do this, before every download your AnyStream (trial) serial number is submitted to the "Token Bucket" before download begins. It is NOT logged.

Q. Does RedFox keep track of WHAT i download?
    A. No, user privacy is highly valued by RedFox (See Q. 1). No information logged other than your license number at the time of download.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    Aeneas72 and whatever_gong82 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.