• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FAQ, Can I use my Slysoft AnyDVDHD license with the new RedFox AnyDVDHD versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ' new management' would like customers believe that as a software Any DVD ceased to exist and if that was the case the excusers/explainers about lifetime updates have it right. Unfortunately they do not. Any DVD is alive and well. It progresses and is being updated as it would have been under 'old management'. As is, it is, the continuation of the existing product. And changing the name will not do either. Whoever and when disects the software to its core will prove is the same, though naturally evolved product. Again let me repeat myself you cannot have benefits without liabilities.
Dude, really? The software DID "cease to exist". The developers (yes the core is the same) picked up the pieces and on their own, have continued development. That to me is far better then AnyDVD's demise.

Truth hurts, eh! Is it not obvious, or some of you are not paying attention to the posts. Unsatisfied paying customer. One of many, by looking at posts on the forum. That obviously current management does not give r**s a*s about.

Truth hurts indeed, is just that your truth is anything but the truth for which many facts have been said a few times now and all the info is publicly available. Please educate yourself into what happened and what the consequences were.

Buy it or not, that's your decision. To continue to complain about it now is pointless. It will change nothing, to continue to use it you will need to buy it.

In my opinion they should not offer lifetime licenses. I think for the future of the company they should offer either a subscription (x amount of currency for continued service of all RedFox products) or a license for major versions only, that change every 1-2 years. I know of no other software that you buy that continues to work without buying it again through major updates. I know I have not one single piece of software installed today that I had installed when I purchased AnyDVD the first time. Not one single piece of software. They only sold lifetime licenses back then if memory serves. I remember thinking that they couldn't really mean a lifetime licenses, as from a business standpoint that makes no sense. I consider that money as being one of the best returns I have ever had on any purchase.

Everyone was upset when Slysoft closed.

A good many users have re-uped with RedFox now after learning the facts surrounding the closure and understanding why they're Slysoft license died that day as well. (And there's alot of posts to prove that.)
And for the best damn decrypter on the planet to be able to continue to remain RESURRECTED!!!!!

@Yraen2 no lifetime was the initial plan. However the community asked in abundance for redfox to offer lifetime, so they did. If that's 'not giving a rat's ass' about their customers as someone else had recently posted, then I don't know what is :-D:)

Oh and zamboni, good luck with your lawsuit. If you can find slysoft, redfox is going to be even harder with no central location.

Last edited:
Everyone was upset when Slysoft closed.

A good many users have re-uped with RedFox now after learning the facts surrounding the closure and understanding why they're Slysoft license died that day as well. (And there's alot of posts to prove that.)
And for the best damn decrypter on the planet to be able to continue to remain RESURRECTED!!!!!
Slysoft licenses ended because RedFox wanted them to end. They were clearly capable of providing license continuity, as evidenced by the other products they continue to develop. But rather than honor a lifetime license agreement that customers had paid for, they decided to invalidate it, and require another $120 to reinstate that "lifetime" license.

Slysoft licenses ended because RedFox wanted them to end. They were clearly capable of providing license continuity, as evidenced by the other products they continue to develop. But rather than honor a lifetime license agreement that customers had paid for, they decided to invalidate it, and require another $120 to reinstate that "lifetime" license.
It is quite obvious that no matter the circumstances, no matter the reasoning, you aren't ever going to move on. You have the right to your opinion, but the incessant griping is getting very old. Nothing is going to change. You don't like it, fine, you made that clear. You don't want to buy it, fine, you made that clear. But to continually complain and gripe has absolutely no purpose, other than to be an irritant.

Yes, with the exception of AC3 (non HD) tracks. But it works with PowerDVD 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 100%.

CloneBD offers Cinavia-free audio, but only with crappy AC3; and you guys offer full HD Audio, also Cinavia-free, but not for crappy AC3. Guess which one I like better?! :p

This is very good news for me, though, as it means I can replace Kodi, and use PowerDVD 16 now as media player, with vastly superior Blu-Ray menu support, and standalone m2ts files (as I only ever mux with HD Audio).

P.S. Does this unique Cinavia fix of yours, for PowerDVD, include regular LPCM streams? (As opposed to, say, DTS-MA)

It is quite obvious that no matter the circumstances, no matter the reasoning, you aren't ever going to move on. You have the right to your opinion, but the incessant griping is getting very old. Nothing is going to change. You don't like it, fine, you made that clear. You don't want to buy it, fine, you made that clear. But to continually complain and gripe has absolutely no purpose, other than to be an irritant.
It serves the purpose of letting the developers know what a bad decision they've made, and how they've lost a long-time customer.

But yes, I've said my piece now, and I'll be on my way.

It serves the purpose of letting the developers know what a bad decision they've made, and how they've lost a long-time customer.

But yes, I've said my piece now, and I'll be on my way.
How have they 'lost' a customer? As you aren't prepared to pay for a new Redfox licence they haven't lost anything as they get no money from the old Slysoft licenses which they need to keep the online servers running.

Last edited:
Truth hurts, eh! Is it not obvious, or some of you are not paying attention to the posts. Unsatisfied paying customer. One of many, by looking at posts on the forum. That obviously current management does not give r**s a*s about.
Unless you can establish that RedFox is the legal successor to Slysoft I think you are wasting our time. My recollection is that in setting up the RedFox project every effort was
made to ensure that RedFox was not Slysoft's successor in law. Therefore no obligation to service Slysoft licences.

@Yraen2 no lifetime was the initial plan. However the community asked in abundance for redfox to offer lifetime, so they did. If that's 'not giving a rat's ass' about their customers as someone else had recently posted, then I don't know what is :-D:)

Oh and zamboni, good luck with your lawsuit. If you can find slysoft, redfox is going to be even harder with no central location.

You want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing? Somewhere there is a 400lb man living in his mom's basement, saying I see take down notices.

I had 2 lifetime Slysoft AnyDVD HD licenses. It disturbed me that Slysoft went under, but I was elated that Redfox took over the project. Those of us who really use AnyDVD HD could care less that we had to pay again for Redfox licenses. We are just happy that we have the opportunity to do so. Thank you Redfox. I hope you stay around for many years to come. (y)(y)

I had 2 lifetime Slysoft AnyDVD HD licenses. It disturbed me that Slysoft went under, but I was elated that Redfox took over the project. Those of us who really use AnyDVD HD could care less that we had to pay again for Redfox licenses. We are just happy that we have the opportunity to do so. Thank you Redfox. I hope you stay around for many years to come. (y)(y)
Same here and now have 2 RedFox lifetime....I still have the old Slysoft lifetime and will keep that still.

And this is the sentiment of most of the community . After the shock of the closure of Slysoft sets in. And the alternative is seen. Afterwards it makes me even happier that RedFox RESURRECTED AnyDVDHD from the depths of nothingness. Because nothing is what I would have without it. As there is NO alternative.

The ' new management' would like customers believe that as a software Any DVD ceased to exist and if that was the case the excusers/explainers about lifetime updates have it right. Unfortunately they do not. Any DVD is alive and well. It progresses and is being updated as it would have been under 'old management'. As is, it is, the continuation of the existing product. And changing the name will not do either. Whoever and when disects the software to its core will prove is the same, though naturally evolved product. Again let me repeat myself you cannot have benefits without liabilities.
Then just don't buy a new license.

Same here and now have 2 RedFox lifetime....I still have the old Slysoft lifetime and will keep that still.

Have 2 Lifetime Redfox licenses as well. I also still have my Lifetime Slysoft licenses. One is running on an old XP machine. I rip DVD titles frequently without issue. (y)(y)

Have 2 Lifetime Redfox licenses as well. I also still have my Lifetime Slysoft licenses. One is running on an old XP machine. I rip DVD titles frequently without issue. (y)(y)
That would be the extent of the old version but I keep it on another Windows 7 machines if I didn't get RedFox license. Even when 7 is no longer supported I will keep it running Offline with Anydvd to backup DVD with the latest version of RedFox install just to keep it going. But then again when a newer Windows comes out I just reload it onto that Windows and keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back