• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

False positives? Anyone see this recently?

I just did a full system scan using Bitdefender 2009 and it detected every installed Slysoft product as a threat. The log file is below.

I've been using Bitdefender for years now, and it never before detected these as threat. Additionally, I've also been using Anydvd, Clonedvd, and Virtual Clone Drive for years without issue.

All of my Slysoft installs were obtained from the Slysoft website, and are legit.

Anyone else use Bitdefender? I'm just curious if it identifies the same 'threats' as mine did.

These have to be false positives. Nothing has changed recently with any of my Slysoft installs. I haven't updated the programs since their last official update, and for that matter, I haven't even used them in a couple weeks.

Finally, all of the Slysoft programs still work fine after the quarantine. I'm running a dual-boot system, and have installed everything once in Vista, and once in XP (in case anyone wonders about the drive paths.)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Here's the log:

BitDefender Log File

Product : BitDefender Internet Security 2009
Version : BitDefender UIScanner v.12
Scanning task : Deep System Scan
Log date : 7/19/2009 3:12:23 PM
Log path : C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\deep_scan\1248030743_1_01.xml

Scan Paths:path 0000: B:\
Path 0001: C:\
Path 0002: F:\
Path 0003: L:\
Path 0004: M:\

Scan Options:Scan for viruses : Yes
Scan for adware : Yes
Scan for spyware : Yes
Scan for applications : Yes
Scan for dialers : Yes
Scan for rootkits : Yes

Target Selection Options:Scan registry keys : Yes
Scan cookies : Yes
Scan boot sectors : Yes
Scan memory processes : Yes
Scan archives : Yes
Scan runtime packers : Yes
Scan emails : Yes
Scan all files : Yes
Heuristic Scan : Yes
Scanned extensions :
Excluded extensions :

Target Processing:Default action for infected objects : Disinfect
Default action for suspicious objects : None
Default action for hidden objects : None
Default action for encrypted infected objects : None
Default action for encrypted suspicious objects : None
Default action for password-protected objects : Log as not scanned

Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures : 3784593
Archive plugins : 45
Email plugins : 6
Scan plugins : 13
System plugins : 5
Unpack plugins : 7

Overall scan summaryScanned items : 229374
Infected items : 9
Suspicious items : 0
Resolved items : 9
Unresolved items : 0
Password-protected items : 0
Overcompressed items : 0
Individual viruses found : 2
Scanned directories : 24115
Scanned boot sectors : 6
Scanned archives : 3482
Input-output errors : 0
Scan time : 01:04:39
Files per second : 58

Scanned processes summaryScanned : 37
Infected : 0

Scanned registry keys summaryScanned : 1088

Scanned cookies summaryScanned : 5

Resolved issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status
C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2-uninst.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD-uninst.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2-uninst.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcd-uninst.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD-uninst.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{65FE071C-705F-4996-A6F3-D825A1A903F8}\RP70\A0016025.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{65FE071C-705F-4996-A6F3-D825A1A903F8}\RP74\A0017135.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{65FE071C-705F-4996-A6F3-D825A1A903F8}\RP80\A0018583.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{65FE071C-705F-4996-A6F3-D825A1A903F8}\RP81\A0018948.exe Trojan.Generic.2165804 Deleted

If you downloaded from Slysoft's servers then, yes, they are false positives and you need to contact your AV vendor and submit the files detected as infected so they can resolve the issue on their end. It looks like it's nailing all the uninstallers. Fun fun.

If you downloaded from Slysoft's servers then, yes, they are false positives and you need to contact your AV vendor and submit the files detected as infected so they can resolve the issue on their end. It looks like it's nailing all the uninstallers. Fun fun.

Thank you DrinkLye.

Yeah, I found that odd that it's hitting the uninstallers. I just updated to the new beta of Anydvd and it updated without issue.

I'm trying to figure out how to submit this to Bitdefender. It didn't quarantine the files, it just deleted them.

I really posted just to see if anyone else might be on here that uses Bitdefender and experiences the same thing.

Thank you DrinkLye.

Yeah, I found that odd that it's hitting the uninstallers. I just updated to the new beta of Anydvd and it updated without issue.

I'm trying to figure out how to submit this to Bitdefender. It didn't quarantine the files, it just deleted them.

I really posted just to see if anyone else might be on here that uses Bitdefender and experiences the same thing.

You could try temporarily disabling the protection so you can install and then grab the uninstall file and submitting it. Or direct them to download the whole installer and tell them to look at the uninstaller. Or, see if you can set BitDefender to temporarily quarantine files and install one of the programs again. From the quarantine you can submit files from within the program over HTTP.

Back