• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fallout 3 review/discussion

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
This review was pretty well written: http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/10/29/fallout-3/1. I like the honestly written gripes and positive statements made about the game. Of course, I don't know how true the statements are until I play it, myself.

I don't have the game but I am contemplating buying it. I'm currently trying to play Dead Space and having a hard time of it. The game is hard to get into and, frankly, I'm disappointed and somewhat bored. Hopefully, watching the Dead Space: Downfall prequel movie will give me some motivation.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in Fallout 3. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of people who have purchased and are playing the game. I'm not wanting to go buy another brand new game and finding myself literally forcing myself to play a game that I'm not enjoying.

As a sidenote, these new protection mechanisms will completely destroy the used game market, IMHO. I've purchased a few games that are no longer produced (ie Planescape Torment) from someone who had a mint condition copy that his girlfriend no longer wanted. With these new protections I wouldn't be able to buy a used game and get new activations. I can just see that phone conversation and it wouldn't be a pretty one.

Last edited:
Fallout 3

Well, Fallout 3 depicts a world in which the entertainment industry has won :)

It's a shame that you cannot play the PS3 version with Guitar Hero instruments. Imagine destroying your enemies with deadly Slayer riffs...

Disclaimer: Yes, I did play Fallout 1 and 2. And I will play the PC version of Fallout 3, being accustomed to mouse and keyboard controls. If I find the time to play...

It's a shame that you cannot play the PS3 version

The PS3 version is supposed to be the worst version offered with respect to graphics.

I've got the Collector's Edition of Fallout 3 incoming (someone bought it for me). But I don't think I'm going to enjoy it as I've hated every Bethseda RPG ever produced including Oblivion due to it's lacklustre story and boring characters. And in Fallout 3 you're on a quest to find out where your father is (ooh, how original). I hope Fallout 3 surprises me with better story telling, but I doubt it (especially if this is Oblivion with guns). Reviews are stating Bethseda focuses a little more on storytelling, and there are a lot more dialogue options and voice overs than before, so who knows. Maybe I'll end up enjoying this game (but I really doubt it). I do not enjoy open-ended sandboxes because typically the plot pacing of the story fails as a result.

Black Isle Studios was responsible for the original Fallout series, and the story telling, typically, was far better from those developers. Many former members of Black Isle Studios are now with Obsidian Entertainment, including Chris Avellone (the guy responsible for Planescape:Torment).

Well, the Collector's Edition is sitting here. The game is packaged in an aluminum lunch pail. Inside, I found a "making of" dvd, a Fallout 3 artbook, and a bobblehead Pip-boy. Oh, and also the game is inside.

On the back of the game package, it says "Enchanced for multi-core".

It also says, "Increased performance will be noticed on more powerful systems." How enlightening!

Last edited:
Maybe I'll end up enjoying this game (but I really doubt it).

I'm actually surprised. So far, I'm enjoying Fallout 3. If the main quest takes 40 hours alone, the game is pretty good value for the money.

Wow, 40 hours, that raised my interest level. Going to see if they have a demo.

Could not find a demo :( Yeah it seems that most of the games I play I can't play around the kids :)

LOL! Happy times!

Note: If you replaced your Fallout 3 Launcher from SecuRom's website, the patch will not update properly. You need to roll your Fallout 3 Launcher back to the version that shipped with the game. Ideally, you renamed or archived the original Fallout 3 Launcher before downloading the new version from SecuRom's website. If you no longer have that original version of the Launcher, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Fallout 3. The patch should update properly afterwards.

Now, 99.999% of the time I would do just that. But... I wonder how many people didn't and will now need to uninstall/reinstall. Ouch.

Back