• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed to send host key (bus encryption) (only with some disks)

Hmm, searching on the net regarding the CRC error shows lots of very old posts with issues regarding IDE cables. Of course, this drive is SATA, but thought I might as well give it a go - I have some spare new unused SATA cables. So I've swapped the cable over and the drive still has tremendous difficulties reading the initial TOC, but once it gets through that, an ImgBurn verify seems to be OK.

I then cancelled that as it was going to take forever but only after ensuring it had progressed way further than it did before reporting the errors. I've now reloaded AnyDVD and it no longer says it failed to send host key. It's in the process of making an image (so far so good).

Any other idea what I can try? The drives are uhd-friendly or else they would not work with other disks.
@Blazkowicz - have you tried using another SATA cable? If the problem appears on different discs but the same drive, I'd give a cable swap a go.

As it happens on two drives (USB and SATA) I do not think it is caused by cable.

@0x0x0x0x0

I always sector scan my disks and no error for those disks it sometimes/rarely happens on. Just random if I get the error or not so far. One day error on the drive and next day no error on same drive.

@0x0x0x0x0

I always sector scan my disks and no error for those disks it sometimes/rarely happens on. Just random if I get the error or not so far. One day error on the drive and next day no error on same drive.

Then debugging is easy: if you get the error, quit AnyDVD and run ImgBurn, then you'll know if it's the disc+drive combo or AnyDVD that's falling over at that instance in time ;-)

Back