• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

failed to open file

spree

I'm trying to back up Marie Antoinette (for my wife) I ripped it to hard drive using any dvd. the total files are 4.72 GB so I don't think it should be too large, but when I try to open file with Shrink DVD I get an error message. It says ... failed to open file "I:\VIDEO_TS.IFO".the system cannot find the file specified.
Any idea what'sgoing on here???

Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

failed to open file (got around it)

thanks for the quik reply, but I tried that and the file still would not open. However,I learned a little something tonight. Nero recode ripped it to my hard drive with any DVD in background and then I was able to open and re-auther with shrink. now I,m doing the same thing with "the Holiday". This forum is a very useful tool.... thanx

thanks for the quik reply, but I tried that and the file still would not open. However,I learned a little something tonight. Nero recode ripped it to my hard drive with any DVD in background and then I was able to open and re-auther with shrink. now I,m doing the same thing with "the Holiday". This forum is a very useful tool.... thanx

That's the first time I've heard of reauthoring in Shrink not working. By the way, there's no need for you to be leaving Nero Recode; there's little to no advantage. Just use Recode instead.

I Don't Understand

...By the way, there's no need for you to be leaving Nero Recode; there's little to no advantage. Just use Recode instead.
Do you mean just burn to disc with nero? I wasn't sure how to get just the movie without the extra stuff so I went with what I was use to.. shrink.

Do you mean just burn to disc with nero?

I mean do the whole thing with Recode.

I wasn't sure how to get just the movie without the extra stuff so I went with what I was use to.. shrink.

Just choose "Recode Main Movie to Dvd" from Recode's main menu.

After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

To elaborate on this, you need to click "reauthor" the moment you start Shrink - you do not select "open files" first.

-W

Back