• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

F.A.Q || CloneBD 1.x.x.x HW acc doesnt work. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
In order to help streamline possible problems, i decided to help Elby out and create 2 FAQ's. 1 with support questions, one for troubleshooting. When you're having issues, follow instructions as per the correct section or a support may possibly not be given.

Refer to the section appropriate for the method you use.

CUDA (nVidia) does't work. What do i need to to?

1. Download and install the latest driver for your video card.
2. Go into CloneBD's installation folder and locate "drone.nvidia.exe"
3. Hold SHIFT & rightclick the somewhere inside the folder. Select "open command prompt here".
4. Run the program from the command line (cmd.exe) with the following command "drone.nvidia.exe -supportedcodecs".
DO NOT RUN THE PROGRAM WITHIN WINDOWS EXPLORER. IT WILL NOT WORK! Note: There is a SINGLE space between .exe and -supportedcodecs!!!
5. Download, install and run Piriform Speccy. When loading has finished, go fo File > Save as text document. Speccy is a simple to use tool (i use it myself) which will analyze all the hardware in your system. This will save you the trouble of having to find out the exact models of every piece of hardware in your system.
6. Create your OWN topic and attach the results from drone.nvidia.exe and Speccy. Describe what you are trying to do and what is (not) happening. Be PRECISE AND TO THE POINT. Be as specific as possible.

NOTE: Hardware encoding with a 600 series card is SLOWER than with a 4 year old CPU (so not really worth the trouble)

UVD (AMD APP) doesn't work. What do i need to do?

2. Go into CloneBD's installation folder and locate "drone.amd.exe"
3. Hold SHIFT & rightclick the somewhere inside the folder. Select "open command prompt here".
4. Run the program from the command line (cmd.exe) with the following command "drone.amd.exe -supportedcodecs".
DO NOT RUN THE PROGRAM WITHIN WINDOWS EXPLORER. IT WILL NOT WORK! Note: There is a SINGLE space between .exe and -supportedcodecs!!!
5. Download, install and run Piriform Speccy. When loading has finished, go fo File > Save as text document. Speccy is a simple to use tool (i use it myself) which will analyze all the hardware in your system. This will save you the trouble of having to find out the exact models of every piece of hardware in your system.
6. Create your OWN topic and attach the results from drone.amd.exe and Speccy. Describe what you are trying to do and what is (not) happening. Be PRECISE AND TO THE POINT. Be as specific as possible.

QuickSync (intel) doesn't work. What do i need to do?

2. Go into CloneBD's installation folder and locate "drone.intel.exe"
4. Run the program from the command line (cmd.exe) with the following command "drone.intel.exe -supportedcodecs".
6. Create your OWN topic and attach the results from drone.intel.exe and Speccy. Describe what you are trying to do and what is (not) happening. Be PRECISE AND TO THE POINT. Be as specific as possible.

NOTE: With Intel it gets more complicated, because on paper, certain GPUs should be supported, but they changed the behavior of their SDKs over each new GPU version. That makes implementations really painful and there is no way of telling, whether our implementation satisfies every existing Intel GPU. Anything from "Ivy Bridge" or "Haswell" on upward SHOULD work. No guarantees, blame intel!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back