• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

eyeQ

snebblelootch

I bought a package called "eyeQ" and it contained version 3.3.2 of the software, copyright 2002 by Infinite Mind (www.INFmind.com) and I cannot make a proper copy using my CloneCD version 5.3.0.1 on my PLEXTOR PX-740UF (which usually backs up my software fine). I tried with SONY and PHILLIPS CD-R media, and tried "PROTECTED GAME" mode as I know the software has some type of protection that is supposed to be similar to games.

I am usually running ANYDVD, but I shut it off before making the copies.

It is essential that I be able to back up the software for two reasons: First, to have a backup. Second, as I want to be able to take it on the road, and the CD is required to run the application (just for validation) and there is no way I am taking my original copy on the road. Hell, I don't even like the ID of letting my kids use the software (and it is meant for them as well) without me being with them if I must give them an original CD for which I have no backup.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks,
Mark aka snebblelootch

PS: I wonder if the "GameJackel Pro" software might work as a work around to avoid the need for the CD for validation each time I run the application...should I download and try this as well (but it still won't solve my need to make a backup CD).

1. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd.
2. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
3. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

4. You may need to enable "hide cd-r media" when running your backup from clonecd tray.

And yes, you should give Game Jackal a try.

I'm trying to make a back-up of EyeQ 3.3c. CloneCD gave me some good results using the "protected game mode". It read it with no problems -- made an image. I burned it onto an imation CD-RW 700MB 1x-4x disc with no problems. I can't install from the backup, but I can use the backup to verify the CD. I want to install from the backup. It says from within the installer that there was an error reading from the disc.

1. What version of Clonecd are you running? CloneCD 5.3.1.4

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Windows 7 64-bit sp1

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them.

There are none

4. If you have Clonecdtray running in the background, try right clicking on the icon in your toolbar and selecting "hide cd-r media". Then try running the game. If it still doesn't work, then just exit out of Clonecdtray, and try running the game again.

The test computer does not have CloneCD or CloneCDTray installed.

5. Remove packet writing software from your system (done)

6. What protection does your game use?

Scanning -> D:\Setup.exe
File Type : 32-Bit Exe (Subsystem : Win GUI / 2), Size : 56320 (0DC00h) Byte(s)
[File Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000001001100000000000000 (0x0004C000)
[-= Installer =-] InstallShield v6.31.100.1190 Setup Module
- Scan Took : 0.954 Second(s)

7. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? EyeQ

8. What is the version of the game? 3.3c

9. Is it cd or dvd version? CD

10. What region or country is the original disc from? Unknown

11. What cpu are you running?
intel core i5 2500K 3.30GHZ

12. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

HP dvd1270-i is reading the disc, and the same is writing it (differnt PCs) Firmware is the same as original and there are no updates that I can find.

13. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using?

Sophos Endpoint security and control version 9.5
Windows Firewall is turned off (windows 7 sp1)

14. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages

I burned the disc from a different computer than the one I am testing it on, to see if it is capable of installing from the back-up copy. It will not install. It claims there was an error reading from the disc within the setup application. However, if I install with the original disc, it will allow me to use the backup to verify instead of the original.

15 a) ===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.7.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.02.03.00 [2.2.3.0]
File Description: CD DVD Filter
Product Name: CD DVD Filter
Product Version: 2.02.03.00 [2.2.3.0]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2012

16. Use good quality blank media. -- Seems to be working fine

17. What blank media are you using?
a) brand name -- Imation
b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) -- CD-RW
c)media code -- not specified
d) capacity/size -- 700MB
e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc) --LD672UD1124505 AO1?
f)country -- I don't have the original packaging anymore

18 ) At what speed are you burning your blank media? 4x

19) Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
The firmware is up to date.

I'm trying to make a back-up of EyeQ 3.3c.

1. What version of Clonecd are you running? CloneCD 5.3.1.4

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Windows 7 64-bit sp1

5.3.1.4 is quite old, there is a newer beta available at the top of the CloneCD forum:

CloneCD 5.3.1.7 beta

Okay, uninstalled 5.3.1.4 and installed 5.3.1.7. I re-created the image in protected game mode and burned again on the same medium (after erasing the -RW). Everything appeared to be fine and the same error pops up when I try to re-install the software from the burned disc. It still allows me to use it for verification.

It still allows me to use it for verification.
That doesn't mean it will work proper all the way.
If this version uses Tages like this on you're out of luck with Slysoft products.

EDIT: depending on the Tages version it might work with Game Jackal

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it works if I install it from the original CD and then use the backup. At least I can get it out of harm's way. That protection detection software only showed that it has InstallShield of some sort. How cna I tell if it uses Tages? It probably does and I'll just live with backups. Perhaps I can make a semi-install package from registry entries and copying files.

How can I tell if it uses Tages?
Scan the installation directory on HDD - not the disc content with Protection ID.
You can also try to install the Tages drivers from the official web site: http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm
If you already have Tages on your system the installer will tell you/ask you to uninstall.

Some versions of Tages kick in only after some time of using the program - not neccessarily straight away at the disc check.

Back