eyeQ and BIOSHOCK

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by snebblelootch, Dec 24, 2007.

1. snebblelootch

snebblelootch New Member

I need to make a back-up copies of two pieces of software I bought recently: "eyeQ" Version 3.2.0.2 and "BIOSHOCK". I am not able to make valid working copies with CLONECD 5.3.1.0 or by using CLONECD with AnyDVD 6.3.0.3.
    Notes: The "EyeQ" software is a single CD whereas "BIOSHOCK" is a 6GB DL DVD. Both require disk for install and startup each run-time.:mad: Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.:bowdown:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Use Game Jackal instead

No program, including Clonecd, will handle Bioshock without some form of emulation, and Clonecd does not provide emulation.

3. snebblelootch

snebblelootch New Member

Thank you very much! Already purchased every product from Slysoft, just haven't installed any version of GameJackal so far as I did not need it till now. I'll try it.

Notwithstanding the recommended workaround, do you (or anyone else) know why some software requires an emulator to run properly if CloneCD is making an exact duplicate of the CD or DVD??

Thanks in advance,
    Snebblelootch

4. pseudo555

pseudo555 Moderator (fr)

In fact, protections (like tages which use twin sectors or securom with the topology) can be easily pressed (in factory), but can't be perfectly reproduce with our burner (at home).

Emulation, like RMPS, modify few data from a disk to the system, as anydvd does with dvd movies, in order that the protection see the disc as an original rather than a backup.

5. Webslinger

Unfortunately, Game Jackal does not currently support Tages.

6. pseudo555

pseudo555 Moderator (fr)

I know that fact, i take tages only for example where the burner can never reproduce perfectly a disc which have this protection ;)

7. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

well its the same for most of the prots now, safedisc, securom, etc, you can't make 1:1 anymore, any burned copy requires emulation to one degree or another, unless you're one of the very very rare types of people with really good hardware.....

also worth noting that bioshock doesn't have a disk check, so theres no need for game jackal, you just need to activate the game online and thats it... at least my copy was

8. Webslinger

:confused:
    It does for me. The disc is Sucurom protected.