• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

External Burner Recommendation for HP Laptop

qweeb

Hello-
I think my internal burner for my HP Laptop is finally shot. Not sure if it makes a difference, but model is HP G60-235DX Notebook PC. The original burner that was installed was a Slimtype DVD A DS8A2L-A ATA Device. It still reads DVD's OK, but the burning process is taking much longer. I run both Slysoft Any DVD & DVD clone.

Can anyone recommend an external burner that will be compatible with both Any DVD & DVD clone? I was leaning towards an LG, but not sure of exactly which model to get. This is new to me, so whatever model I get, I just want to make sure both programs will work to continue to burn DVD's (regular and not blue ray) and CD's. Also, is the install an easy process as well?

Regards,
Keith

Any optical drive should be compatible with AnyDVD and Clone DVD. There's nothing to install as they just use regular windows drivers so just plug it in, let windows detect it and you should then be fine. You could also look at getting a replacement internal drive, the only thing you have to make sure of is whether the old drive uses slim atapi or a SATA connector

Back