• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

External Blu-Ray Reader Recommendations, Please

Liderc

External Blu-Ray Reader Recommendations, Please

I haven't used the software yet and I'm only now getting my feet wet. I am looking for a DVD/Blu-Ray Reader that I can buy off of Amazon or the like. Really, just something quite modest for the time being would do. This would be my first Blu-Ray reader, baby's first rip, and so on. Here's my list of my minimal needs and also what I don't need:
  1. DOES need to be external and USB.
  2. DOES need to be able to rip Region 2 PAL DVDs in addition to Region 1 NTSC DVDs.
  3. DOES need to be able to rip Region B Blu-Rays in addition to Region A Blu-Rays.
  4. DOES need to be all-in-one; I would probably screw up buying an enclosure.
  5. Would be nice if it were reliable and accurate.
  6. Does NOT need to do UHD. I'm saving that for another time.
  7. Does NOT need to be able to burn any discs.
  8. Does NOT need to be one of those "slim" drives powered only by a USB connection; a separate power supply is fine.
  9. Does NOT need to be blazing fast.
  10. BONUS: If it can rip Region 4 PAL DVDs.
As long as it is under $200 USD, I am quite happy. What are the current recommendations in late 2023?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

You can get a Verbatim drive. I now have three drives confirmed that hVe a Pioneer UD04 inside. It does support UHD (with MakeMKV) and Pioneers themselves are considered good.
In combi ation with AnyDVD it of course also can read region 4 discs, same for Region A BDs. But you need to set your region when you get it. You should be Region 2 from what I read.
So you should be able to use my german link. If not, search for Verbatim UHD drive. It's a slim drive with USB C.
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MTP9VKX

You can get a Verbatim drive. I now have three drives confirmed that hVe a Pioneer UD04 inside. It does support UHD (with MakeMKV) and Pioneers themselves are considered good.
In combi ation with AnyDVD it of course also can read region 4 discs, same for Region A BDs. But you need to set your region when you get it. You should be Region 2 from what I read.
So you should be able to use my german link. If not, search for Verbatim UHD drive. It's a slim drive with USB C.
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MTP9VKX
These are not available outside of Europe.

Asmcom ships worldwide.

If you look for a seller in your region PM me.

I am in the USA. Most of my collection is Region 1 NTSC and Region A, but I do have some Region 2 PAL and Region B discs I would like to archive.

Do I need to buy two drives, one for Region 1/A and the other for Region 2/B, then?

Back