• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Expression Encoder reports 0 length file...

Teibidh

For whatever reason DVD Decrypter isn't compatible with AnyDVD on my machine, so I've been using AnyDVD Ripper to dump the files down to a folder on my hard drive, using mkisofs to make an ISO image from those files then using DVD Decrypter on the ISO to rip out the video. The primary reason for this trouble is that I'm doing episodal DVDs and I wanted the raw VOB files, just chunked up by episode instead of by chapter. Obviously, this is a pain in the ass, so I went ahead and downloaded CloneDVD2 and CloneDVDMobile trials to see if either of these could lighten the load. Sure enough CloneDVDMobile has a VOB passthrough option, works with AnyDVD and eliminates 3 steps from the process!

That is right up until I go to import the files in to Expression Encoder 4 and it tells me 'Cannot import zero length file.' The resulting VOB files play fine in VLC and WMP, so it's not a codec issue. The thing is though, if I rip the vob files out from an iso image using DVD Decrypter EE4 has no issue with them. So there's something CDVDM is doing different, but I have no idea where to begin... Any thoughts?

Oh, and I did try using the 'experimental' WMV encoding from CloneDVDMobile, the resulting files aren't playing via WMP on any of the three machines I have here, not sure what's going on with that either.

Back