Export idx/sub subtitles

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by acrespo, Jun 17, 2007.

1. acrespo

acrespo Member

I am requesting a feature to export idx/sub subtitles like DVD Fab Platinum do in DVD to Portable/generic mode.

2. SimD

SimD Member

I'd much appreciate this feature too as I have a MediaPlayer box which can play divx and use .srt subtitles

3. SimD

SimD Member

Bump so hopefully someone at slysoft reads it :)

4. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

From what I know, these files contain subtitles in text format.
    The typical DVD subtitle is a bitmap - we'd have to run OCR over that to make text out of it. That'd be some overkill, right?

Unless I'm not right about this...

5. SimD

SimD Member

Much as I'd like them I don't blame you at all in that case, I'd always assumed they were text but that does explain the multiple fonts on each DVD :)

6. SimD

SimD Member

7. acrespo

acrespo Member

No, IDX/SUB is VobSub format, that is image format (bitmap). IDX is a index to where each subtitle is in SUB file.
    DVD Fab can export IDX/SUB in vob passthrough option. Other options the subtitle is "forced" on video like CloneDVD Mobile.

8. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

SUB format can either be VobSub (bitmap) format or TexTSUB format (pure text).

In print, SUB alone is often ambiguous but IDX/SUB or SUB/IDX is ALWAYS a or series of bitmaps.

For those who have not figured it out yet, each production company has a tendency to use the same font format for all of their releases. I suggest the latest/last Beta of [SubRip.
    Each production company need only (most often) be defined once. It's also the fastest I've tested.

MC has the ability to demux/dump the sub stream format from vobs, so it wouldn't take much to enable the option.
    Not that I care because I prefer to hard-code my subs in AVIs.