• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Expires March 1st: 20% off Perfectdisk 10 (the best defragger imo)

No, they think someone is going to steal your backup drive and restore your financial documents onto another machine. I'm not unhappy with that feature. I don't use it myself but completely understand why they included it.
Thats something I didn't think of, I keep all my financial stuff, off my computer, (not resident) they would need my passwords and URls to get to them, but I can understand your point. Thanks SamuriHL.:clap:

I've tried Perfect Disk but I prefer O&O over any defragger I've used.

www.perfectdisk.com

Review: http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/PerfectDisk-Review-102943.shtml

If you would like to add or purchase any new PerfectDisk 10 products, make sure you do so by midnight on Saturday (1/31) and use coupon code PERFECT10 to receive a 20% online discount.

20% Online Special: Purchase or upgrade any new or additional PerfectDisk 10 product(s) from the PerfectDisk Online Store before midnight on Saturday (1/31), and after you add the product(s) to your cart, type coupon code PERFECT10, click the enter code button, and your entire license purchase will be discounted by 20%.

http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/2007/09/great-defrag-shootout-winners.html (this defrag shootout is one of the few I respect)

Just fyi: the coupon code PERFECT10 still works :)

Thanks to Webbie, I am one of cool person as well, Just purchased Prefect disk server edition and pro.

@Webbie thanks for telling 20% off discount. :rock:

As for Eset, I am fine with out any antivirus or security suite in my computer, Simply because my computer is immune to malware and nasty stuff.

From 2002 I never had any virus or malware in my computer. (No I never re-imaged my pc or wipe my harddrive, including formating.) :) The only time I have failure or problem is when there is hardware problem. Other than that no maintenance required for my pc.

Occasionally I also run online scan, but each time they don’t find anything.

Here are some of antivirus program I use to do online scan
1. Bitdefender
2. Eset Smart Security
3. Trend Micro
4. Kaspersky Labs

Last edited:
After 2 Week running PD: Yes, you are right. I am highly pleased :agree:

Glad to hear it. I'm also very pleased with it on my own system. I even got an email from one of the PD employees asking me how I like it so far. Nice touch.

Don't thank me, I didn't originate this thread. :) Thank Webslinger for that one. He convinced me to give it a shot and I'm just as happy as the both of you that I did. Excellent product IMO.

Great find!

Vastly superior to my previous prog, O&O.

Runs silently in background, resource utilization very manageable...for those times I'm still up at 3am.

Voptxp is better. And no crap running as a service

I'm glad you like Vopt but no thanks. I used it years ago under Windows 98 and it was nice and quick but under XP it was a dog. PerfectDisk blows Vopt away in many many ways.

no way does it blow it away anymore....

I've tried them all...O&O, some free ones like defraggler, etc. They are all pretty good.

I just see no reason why to have services running to defrag a hard drive...just a waste. Defragging is easy.

Puran defrag is also good....one could go on forever.

It is just a defragger....so small and efficienct, I think, is best.

no way does it blow it away anymore....

http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/2007/05/great-defrag-shootout-iii-golden-bow.html
"Update: My attempts to defrag my drive's Master File Table (MFT) using Vopt failed. According to the help file's notes section, "Metafiles, including the MFT (Master File Table), are automatically defragged as part of normal defragmentation. In rare cases, the drive configuration may not permit complete defragmentation of the MFT."

Unless that's changed count me amongst those as not interested in Vopt at all.

I updated the first post in this thread with a new coupon code.

Sweet. Hopefully that helps people out. It's a really great program.

Back