• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Expires March 1st: 20% off Perfectdisk 10 (the best defragger imo)

I care SamuriHL. I agree it is stellar. Thats why I bought it.:D

It does an amazing job. I also upgraded to TI 2009 this morning, as well. It had a few features I forgot about that really excited me when it first came out. I didn't have the money then and still don't really, but, I really wanted to try out the new features.

Anyway, PD is indeed quite a product. DK can fall off a cliff for all I care now. I was a loyal customer for many years but after comparing the results I can honestly say you're better off not defragmenting at all than using DK. The results are the same and you'd spend less money. :)

hang on you're saying that windows still has fragmentation problems?

how quaint. linux solved that over ten years ago.

I'm not sure I call it "solved" exactly. Linux file systems have their own unique issues. However, I prefer we do not turn this thread into an OS war. ;)

It does an amazing job... Anyway, PD is indeed quite a product... :)

Thanks SamuriHL! :bowdown: Based on your recommendation, I bought Perfect Disk for my laptop and even after only two days, I am impressed. I like the interface and the amount of control PD has. I had dropped D...K... for JKDefrag (still an excellent program) a while back. I'm glad I took the plunge (the discount helped :D).

Another shameless plug for Acronis True Image. I have owned Acronis software off and on for a long time. Back in the day when there were significant problems supporting Nvidia chipsets, RAID arrays, and such, the customer service and tech support folks worked very hard to either solve my problems or compensate my trouble (got a couple free upgrades and some new software). I have watched them grow True Image into what Ghost should have been. ...And I always seemed to come back to them.
True Image 2009 is no exception. Good software, Great company.

My two cents,

-HK sends :rock:

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying PerfectDisk.
The difference between the home edition and professional edition is the "Space Management".
(http://www.perfectdisk.com/products/home-perfectdisk10-home-edition/which-PerfectDisk)

Is this feature really important or you didn't use it at all?

Hmm, in my testing I could have sworn that I saw something about Home not supporting 64 bit OS'. The link you've provided here doesn't specifically say one way or the other. The only reason I bought Pro over Home was for the 64 bit support as I intend to move up to 64 bit when I move to W7. The Space Management feature is interesting and all but I've not used it yet, no.

Thanks SamuriHL! :bowdown: Based on your recommendation, I bought Perfect Disk for my laptop and even after only two days, I am impressed. I like the interface and the amount of control PD has. I had dropped D...K... for JKDefrag (still an excellent program) a while back. I'm glad I took the plunge (the discount helped :D).

I suspect that you won't have many problems. I've been running it a few days now and honestly can say I really like this product a lot. It does what it says it does. DK has really fallen off the wagon these days. I honestly didn't expect to see such a big difference between the products.

Another shameless plug for Acronis True Image. I have owned Acronis software off and on for a long time. Back in the day when there were significant problems supporting Nvidia chipsets, RAID arrays, and such, the customer service and tech support folks worked very hard to either solve my problems or compensate my trouble (got a couple free upgrades and some new software). I have watched them grow True Image into what Ghost should have been. ...And I always seemed to come back to them.
True Image 2009 is no exception. Good software, Great company.

My two cents,

-HK sends :rock:
They've definitely impressed me in many ways over the years. My introduction to them was when I was swapping some hard drives around. SATA hard drives not recognized by windows without some insane drivers. Nothing I had would touch it so I downloaded a trial of TI. Worked perfectly the first time and did it in an amazingly fast period of time. I bought a license that very day and have never looked back. I'm quite familiar with Ghost from work and honestly, it's terrible compared to TI. TI simply works. I set it and forget it until I need to restore something. And I trust that it's simply going to work when I need it. That says a lot.

Hmm, in my testing I could have sworn that I saw something about Home not supporting 64 bit OS'. The link you've provided here doesn't specifically say one way or the other. The only reason I bought Pro over Home was for the 64 bit support as I intend to move up to 64 bit when I move to W7. The Space Management feature is interesting and all but I've not used it yet, no.

As you see here, Home-Version should support 64bit as well:
http://www.perfectdisk.com/products/home-perfectdisk10-home-edition/system-requirements

I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with PD. I'm quite pleased with it so far.

It seems that they also have a very quick support: I wrote an email to the support (at first I also missed the page...). They replied after 90 min! :clap:

That's a very good thing. A sign of a good company. Awesome!

It does an amazing job. I also upgraded to TI 2009 this morning, as well. It had a few features I forgot about that really excited me when it first came out. I didn't have the money then and still don't really, but, I really wanted to try out the new features.

Oh, I hope I didn't talk you into it and kind of "made" you.

I hope you like it.

Make sure you get the newest patch.
BurnerHEAD

Question:
Are registry defragmentation programs worth the money?
Just found one. Any experience with that?

No you most definitely had no bearing on my decision to update TI at all. When it came out I had wanted to upgrade but didn't have the money. Then I forgot about the features I wanted to try. So when I went and looked at it again I remembered the 2 features that interested me and decided to grab it. It will take a few days to evaluate how successful the new feature is going to be.

Registry defragmentation isn't worth it IMO.

Some previously registered people received the new version about a week before release. I didn't initially receive any information so I emailed support and received a reply within an hour. I had asked when the official release would be and was told it would be the following week. I received my information for downloading and registering PerfectDisk 10 the next day. :)

I've only contacted Raxco tech support 2 times in the span of 7+ years and both times they replied very quickly. A solid company, IMHO.

Some previously registered people received the new version about a week before release. I didn't initially receive any information so I emailed support and received a reply within an hour. I had asked when the official release would be and was told it would be the following week. I received my information for downloading and registering PerfectDisk 10 the next day. :)

I've only contacted Raxco tech support 2 times in the span of 7+ years and both times they replied very quickly. A solid company, IMHO.

Well they certainly have my support now. I'll be recommending it to anyone needing a commercial defrag program for sure. Just like with Acronis, I hope it generates them some sales. Speaking of which, I like the new version of Acronis a lot but to use the feature I want I'm going to need a much larger hard drive. So I'll have to turn that off for now.

Well they certainly have my support now. I'll be recommending it to anyone needing a commercial defrag program for sure. Just like with Acronis, I hope it generates them some sales. Speaking of which, I like the new version of Acronis a lot but to use the feature I want I'm going to need a much larger hard drive. So I'll have to turn that off for now.
One thing I will never understand about Acronis is the password, why do they have it, do they think someone is going to come into your house and restore your computer without your knowledge? :D:D:D

One thing I will never understand about Acronis is the password, why do they have it, do they think someone is going to come into your house and restore your computer without your knowledge? :D:D:D

No, they think someone is going to steal your backup drive and restore your financial documents onto another machine. I'm not unhappy with that feature. I don't use it myself but completely understand why they included it.

Jep, I encrypt my Slysoft backups, because they include the license keys, and it would be bad if someone is able to steal them.

I don't use it for all of my backups, but sometimes for my documents from work it's a must-do-so.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Back