• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Experience with 1.2.7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepSpace

First I have to say that I haven't read any other thread yet, so I don't know if something is already known or has been said already.
Small Amz issue aside, I have no issues and only want to share the details of what I did since the other thread titles are telling me that others are having issues.

Also, since I don't know if the Batch 5.1 audio bug thing is fixed (switching back to lower audio at later episodes), I added everything one by one. I never used the download all button.

Let's get into it:
-First I went to D+ and got a new season (available since yesterday or today) and the newest (4) episode of Hawkeye.
-Then, on Amz, I got a few movies and a small season. The season had no episode numbers, but everything else went well. Note that I used my list to visit them, so no 45% thing.
-At the end I tried NF as well. It is a season with four episodes that seems new to me, AS tells me 2021 and I cannot remember seeing it before. No issue as well and I've got 1080p 5.1 640kb (I think one thread mentioned that there was no 1080p and 720p, but of course I know that not all movies are available at 1080p within AS. So this user might only had such a movie).
-And right know I tried to visit some random things from the Amz startpage, not my list. The loading bar stopped at 45%, but only for a fraction so that is probably just AS analysing the page. The entire loading process of three random things barely took one minute, so no issues there as well. But I did not try do download anything of that.

Attached is my logfile from today, the entire session. I don't think you will need it though, but still.

So even I was not affected by the DRM things at all (I was already done with my NF content when it came up and I never visited NF in that time) and the other two kept working for me in 1.2.6.2, I want to thank you again for the update!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.7.0 no issues, three providers.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
rushed update:
looks like the devs took an easy way out without digging very well into it before releasing the update it turns out they are using a leaked android cdm which is very limited on popular sites such amazon prime (SD only) and netflix (low quality streams even if it's 1080p) not to mention that they are not using it properly on netflix that's why it fails for most shows
for everyone who managed to download 1080p shows from amazon, that's because that episode/movie was already ripped before the DRM changes which means the decryption keys were already stored on AS's api database

rushed update:
looks like the devs took an easy way out without digging very well into it before releasing the update it turns out they are using a leaked android cdm which is very limited on popular sites such amazon prime (SD only) and netflix (low quality streams even if it's 1080p) not to mention that they are not using it properly on netflix that's why it fails for most shows
for everyone who managed to download 1080p shows from amazon, that's because that episode/movie was already ripped before the DRM changes which means the decryption keys were already stored on AS's api database
I doubt that. They always said that they are doing their own reverse engineering. Also I just took a quick look at the filesize from the things I got today. Of course they differ, but overall it seems to match.

very limited on popular sites such amazon prime (SD only) and netflix (low quality streams even if it's 1080p)
Well... I got 1080p on Amz today and NF always was not as good as Amz, they using a heavier compression or have less quality or whatever, so I don't think it is true.

The new chrome CDM was release a few months ago, so the dev have time to make own reverse engineering.
I don't understand why they waited for that the old CDM to be revoked and now Anystream stuck with DRM issues.
It had already been known for some time that the old CDM would be revoked, and also when, the exatly day.....

I doubt that. They always said that they are doing their own reverse engineering. Also I just took a quick look at the filesize from the things I got today. Of course they differ, but overall it seems to match.

Well... I got 1080p on Amz today and NF always was not as good as Amz, they using a heavier compression or have less quality or whatever, so I don't think it is true.

well, i have sniffed their requests, and decrypted the license request to amazon and it turns out they are using a cdm private key called L3 android generic with a system ID that begins with number 4, as for the 1080p that you got, you were just lucky that their API already has the decryption keys for that before the DRM update

I'm with you @DeepSpace - I had to uninstall and reinstall instead of over top like usual but overall I am pleased with what I am getting - been doing AMZ and NF off and on all day and everything I have is pretty good quality.
Of course all my stuff is just for personal consumption so maybe that is the difference in expectations.

The new chrome CDM was release a few months ago, so the dev have time to make own reverse engineering.
I don't understand why they waited for that the old CDM to be revoked and now Anystream stuck with DRM issues.
It had already been known for some time that the old CDM would be revoked, and also when, the exatly day.....
I think there is no point to argue about that, we will probavly never know unless they decide to share some information, but at the end it is working and that is important for me.

well, i have sniffed their requests, and decrypted the license request to amazon and it turns out they are using a cdm private key called L3 android generic with a system ID that begins with number 4, as for the 1080p that you got, you were just lucky that their API already has the decryption keys for that before the DRM update
It is interesting to read about his, even if I don't understand everything lol, but I think we are deep enough into the workings of AS now, so please leave it as is.

I'm with you @DeepSpace - I had to uninstall and reinstall instead of over top like usual but overall I am pleased with what I am getting - been doing AMZ and NF off and on all day and everything I have is pretty good quality.
Of course all my stuff is just for personal consumption so maybe that is the difference in expectations.
Yes, I haven't checked or even watched everything, but I think it is good quality and of course way easier than doing it manually (never tried it, but from what I've heard about it AS is much easier).

Android CDM is limited to SD for AP and NF, it dont have VMP like chrome CDM or L1 CDM.......last techical comment from me....

We don't talk about the internal of AnyStream on this forum. The developers don't like it and its not your business or anyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back