Exclude disc.inf file automatically

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Ch3vr0n, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

@Pete @Reto or @Fabian

would it be possible to add a setting in CloneBD to NOT add the anydvd generated disc.inf file on the backups? I like my backups as close to the original as possible and as such, having a disc.inf file doesn't fit that bill.

Can't imagine it being hard to implement.

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Not very likely.
    The addition of disc.inf was intentionally requested a while ago, because at least for Screen Pass discs, it contains the playlist information (which is used by Kodi and maybe other tools).

3. Ch3vr0n

i get that, but that's for decrypting purposes :) Me, i build physical backups (and i've yet to see my 1st screenpass disc personally) and once anyDVD does it's job and CloneBD processes the structure that file is redundant and not needed for playback in either my standalone players or PDVD 17.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Well, it is helpful if you use AnyDVD to enhance PowerDVD's playback. (subtitles, ...)

5. Ch3vr0n

PDVD is mainly just a testing tool to see if the rip & backup from CLBD plays normal. If it does, it's off to a physical disc :) I'd really love it if it could be added as a setting, for those that like me want a "clean" version without any possible extra files :)