Exact Audio Copy 0.99 prebeta 4

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by DrinkLyeAndDie, Jan 31, 2008.

1. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Exact Audio Copy 0.99 prebeta 4

Note: Please read the changelog carefully. You have the option of not installing the eBay links. This software is freeware and great program.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yep. I refuse to use any other audio ripper.

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I may check this out later I usually use my creative software and pull the info from a database for the title info.

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

Likewise. I'm pretty sure I've been using it since 1998 when it was first released. I just didn't know, at the time, how new it was.

The interface isn't the prettiest in the world but the quality of the program is unrelated to the UI. The ability to handle scratched, worn and/or damaged discs is unparalleled by any other software IMHO.

Grab the info from FreeDB, rip the audio to the HDD and convert to the audio format of your choice. Of course you can do conversions as you rip but I prefer doing a two step method.

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Actually the creative comment was a cheap stab towards you :p I'll check it out though. :D

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

LOL. I didn't even realize. I never install Creative's garbage media player when I install my audio card drivers. :p

7. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

It was released in '98 and it's still in a prebeta stage, and not even up to version 1.0... does this guy have a different system of categorizing versions or something?

8. DrinkLyeAndDie

Pre-beta has been used for years by him. The software is usually pre-beta or beta. It's never been official although, IMHO, it could be.

It appears to be a hobby for him and the updates do tend to come somewhat slowly. I've never, however, actually had a problem with the software. Since he marks it as a pre-beta or beta if you have a problem well, you were using beta software. ;)

There are a lot of programs out there that are seemingly always in beta.