• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Every .exe file replaced with a sheep icon and wont open? HELP!

Snakes

Hey,

I just signed up here as I cannot seem to solve this. Tried searching and cant find anything applicable to my problem, I was hoping someone here has seen this/fixed this before.

I was trying to mount an .iso in windows 7 and now every .exe file is replaced with a sheep icon... not only that but when you try o click on an icon it opens up "VCD preferences" I can't access Firefox, cubase, word, etc.

I was googling this, and I think it is a registry error? however i cant access "Regedit' either because ALL .exe files dont work. System restore doesnt work either.

Does anyone know how to fix this? or how to access the registry manually?

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

Can you open the Command Prompt in Task Manager by holding down the Ctrl key and selecting New Task ?

A little bit complicated as you have to manually load hives: http://windows7migration.info/index...ne-registry-editor&catid=42:4sysops&Itemid=61
But as far as i remember the Kaspersky Rescue Disk has a very nice offline Registry editor.
I'd first look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\
If there is a UserChoice key, delete it.

btw. i'm sorry to say you've caused that problem. When prompted how to open an exe you've chosen to always use Virtual CloneDrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back