• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Eternals

Jaaaamie

Hello

I know I could download it from Disney for free, but it would be 720. What I want to know is, if I buy it from Amazon, will it be one of the titles in 540, or will it be 1080?

Am I best off waiting? I am using 1.2.9.2 by the way.

Jamie

I’d wait. I purchased season 9 of Blacklist and the last 2 episodes have only been SD. All the others have been 1080P so I’m holding off on downloading anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d wait. I purchased season 9 of Blacklist and the last 2 episodes have only been SD. All the others have been 1080P so I’m holding off on downloading anything new.

Thanks mate!

Jamie

the chance is high that it is only 540...which would be lame....but anyhow if you buy it...you have it forever so...why is there a need to download it unless you want to watch it where no internet connection is available...

the chance is high that it is only 540...which would be lame....but anyhow if you buy it...you have it forever so...why is there a need to download it unless you want to watch it where no internet connection is available...

You have it forever until Amazon decides to pull it. There have been a lot of documented cases, especially books, where someone "buys" a book from Amazon or another provider like Google or Apple and then suddenly their book is not available to read anymore. I think it was Amazon that even removed downloaded books from people's devices in the past. A lot of the retailers even state that you are not buying the book/movie/ etc, but are only buying a license for the movie. And what happens if you buy a movie on Apple and you move to a new country, but the movie isn't available through Apple in the new country? Yeah you might not be able to watch that movie anymore.

You have it forever until Amazon decides to pull it. There have been a lot of documented cases, especially books, where someone "buys" a book from Amazon or another provider like Google or Apple and then suddenly their book is not available to read anymore. I think it was Amazon that even removed downloaded books from people's devices in the past. A lot of the retailers even state that you are not buying the book/movie/ etc, but are only buying a license for the movie. And what happens if you buy a movie on Apple and you move to a new country, but the movie isn't available through Apple in the new country? Yeah you might not be able to watch that movie anymore.

well...that's a valid point then.
didn't think about that they may remove something you already bought...

When purchasing any digital content you are buying the rights to use it, not the actual item itself. That’s why DRM exists. To lock you into that ecosystem. Contracts between streaming services and studios come and go just like they do with book publishers. If the contract ends, well sadly so does your right to use what you “purchased” the rights for.

That’s why DRM on purchases is a joke. Music used to have this same problem and that problem no longer exists. Bottom line is studios and publishers are greedy and we need applications like AS to keep things fair as consumers.

Just watch it on Disney plus.
Personally I don't think it's worth the download, and I'm a Marvel fanboy.

didn't think about that they may remove something you already bought...
Amazon / iTunes are HORRIBLE at this, but in their defense, this is the distributor (Disney in this case) requesting that.

I wouldn't think Disney/Marvel would do that though, in this specific case. Then again, this is why I always download backup copies of things I purchase. That, and it's more convenient for me to deal with them on Plex

Hello

I know I could download it from Disney for free, but it would be 720. What I want to know is, if I buy it from Amazon, will it be one of the titles in 540, or will it be 1080?

Am I best off waiting? I am using 1.2.9.2 by the way.

Jamie
Normally, when you purchase from AP the video you will get is either in 4K or 1080p. Because of the DRM issues, it is only in lowres. Better wait until Redfox resolves the DRM issues.

Ironically, it was "1984" (and others) that Amazon removed from people's devices.
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/technology/companies/18amazon.html

Just watch it on Disney plus.
Personally I don't think it's worth the download, and I'm a Marvel fanboy.

But what if I want to rotate my streaming services every few months and don't have D+ for a few months? Because streaming services are getting to be as bad a cable was back in the day (if you are old enough to remember cable). And while you may not think it's worth it to download it, someone else might. As a completionist, I think it's worth it. Was it a good movie? Eh, it was okay, definitely one of the weaker Marvel movies, but I enjoyed it enough.

But what if I want to rotate my streaming services every few months and don't have D+ for a few months?
I have been doing that for months and it makes perfect sense. 100 movies a month from one service then rotate.

Back