• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ETA on new version of cloneDVD Mobile

Is it likely to be a paid update or a freebie?

:)

The update follow the licensing under which you originally purchased the software. People who purchased the software back when the license was free lifetime updates or for people who purchased a lifetime license after the change will still get free lifetime updates. For those people with a license between 1 and 4 years will also get the update free since the 1 year licences won't be expiring until January of 2010.

In short, when a CloneDVD mobile update is released existing CloneDVD mobile users will get it as per their existing license agreement.

CloneBD, when it is released will be an entirely new product and have it's own pricing but I expect some kind of upgrade path.

This is most excellent news. Currently I only have about 1/3 of my
movies converted due to the a/v synch issue. It will be nice to be
able to do the rest of them. Looking forward to the update.

THANK YOU!

I for one welcome our new CloneDVD Mobile overlords.

We're coming up on the end of the 3rd week since Fernando made his announcment... any further news on the expected release of the update?

Almost resorted to buying DVDFab after buying the full suite of SlySoft apps just to get better cropping / output size options.

Fingers crossed for more basic options support. Looking forward to the new version....

Almost resorted to buying DVDFab after buying the full suite of SlySoft apps just to get better cropping / output size options.

Fingers crossed for more basic options support. Looking forward to the new version....

Out of curiosity, could you be specific as to what features you are looking for?

DVDFab? I'll have to check that out. I don't think they're ever going to release a new version of CloneDVDmobile.

Of course there will be a new version of CloneDVD mobile. We are no vaporware developers. It just takes some time to make the necessary changes to get a stable release candidate and then the consecutive release. Unlike others we don't want to release just for the release's sake and then end up like they did.

I agree. I would like good stable release. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into your software. Thank You!

:agree: I've been eagerly awaiting a new stable release along with everybody else and have been disappointed when a stated release date came and went but I also know that unexpected bugs creep in and other unexpected things happen that need to be dealt with before a release can be called stable.

Everybody here has to look at things from the developers view... do they want to be :mad: at for taking so long to get a release out or do they want to be crapped on for releasing yet another buggy version. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Currently they are going with the lesser of 2 evils, a late but STABLE release.

Looking at AnyDVD, GameJackel, CloneCD, and several other of SlySoft's programs. All are excellant programs and do what they are suppose to do. We just need to relax and let them work out the bugs.

On a side note, any beta testing going on with CDVDm, that I can get in on? Currently at 303 ripped DVD's waiting for the new CloneDVDm.

Currently they are going with the lesser of 2 evils, a late but STABLE release.

The last update was 15 months ago - that's a wee bit more than late :D

As to stable, that remains to be seen.

Check again, last update was Oct. 24, 2008 v1.5.0.4.b

People keep forgetting, they are writing the converting engine from scratch.

And believe me, CloneDVDm is not the only program that has audio/video synch
problems, I know I've tried a few others while waiting for the new update.

Now if you want to talk wait time, guess how long I've been waiting on StarCraft II to come out, last I checked their VERY tentative release date is now December 2009.... WOOT as I speak I see they have a beta opt-in, mmm
something else to keep me busy while I wait on SlySoft.

I think you forgot the game with the worlds longest development time: Duke Nukem Forever. Apparently, it could all be on again!

Check again, last update was Oct. 24, 2008 v1.5.0.4.b

CloneDVD mobile 1.2.0.1 2008-04-28 9074 kB changelog

Sure looks like April 28th 2008 to me - Beta is just that, and doesn't count as an update. So, I'm sticking to my original statement :D

Last edited:
Of course there will be a new version of CloneDVD mobile. We are no vaporware developers. It just takes some time to make the necessary changes to get a stable release candidate and then the consecutive release. Unlike others we don't want to release just for the release's sake and then end up like they did.

I don't think many people mind waiting a bit, when we'd get a more stable release out of it. However, Fernando did post saying to expect an update in the next three weeks... more than a month ago, now. I think it's posts like that that kind of aggravate some people's impatience, when their hopes are raised for finally seeing a new version within a set timeframe and then being dissapointed.

It has been quite a while since a true, non-beta release, though. I'd hope that, by now, you guys are at least closing in on finalizing a new version.

Final code checkout, so Beta is out on Monday. CloneBD beta group gets it tomorrow.

Back