• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ETA for Lossless MKV?

Hammerhead

Just wondering if there's an ETA for when we'll see support for lossless conversion of ISO to MKV. Looking forward to putting my collection on a diet.

Thanks in advance!

Well you can already do one with lossless video or lossless audio, but not with both lossless video and audio,as long as you don't want any subtitles. Once they add in proper subtitle support then I hope they also add in the ability to have both as lossless.

They won't give an ETA on when it will be ready as they don't know

Yeah, that'd be what I'm after. I'd want BOTH audio and video to be lossless AND at least one subtitle track for my hearing impaired (octagenarian) parents incorporated into the MKV.

I've been waiting for the same thing since the beginning so you're not alone. :)

+1. I really want this feature too :)
An ETA would be nice (but not going to happen)
Well, yeah... that was kind of the point of the thread. I was looking to get a sense of roughly when we might see this feature in CloneBD.

Sadly that's not going to happen. Slysoft doesn't do ETA's. That way they can't 'piss off' users when the specified date arrives and nothing happens or they have to push it back due to unforeseen issues.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It's one of those situations where Elby/Slysoft can't really win.
If they give an ETA and miss it, users are unhappy. If they don't give an ETA then users are unhappy :LOL:

It would be nice to know how high up the 'to do' list this feature is from the developers standpoint, maybe they don't feel it is that important :cry:

It would be nice to know how high up the 'to do' list this feature is from the developers standpoint, maybe they don't feel it is that important :cry:
That would be equally appreciated. I'm just trying to make a decision about playback platforms, and if lossless mkv is high on the priority list, I go one way... if it's low on the list, I go another.

As long as they had an approximate date for the present CloneBD they couldn't achieve that goal. Pretty soon after they said they were not setting a goal, they had the Beta version out. Of course, they had many quick updates at the beginning getting many of the wanted items working. Some are harder to achieve and will take longer.

That would be equally appreciated. I'm just trying to make a decision about playback platforms, and if lossless mkv is high on the priority list, I go one way... if it's low on the list, I go another.

If you don't care about menu's/special features, I'd just go with the MKV format and pick your favorite media frontend.
Like many of us are, just use MakeMKV until CloneBD adds this feature :)

If you don't care about menu's/special features, I'd just go with the MKV format and pick your favorite media frontend.
Like many of us are, just use MakeMKV until CloneBD adds this feature :)
Except that MakeMKV isn't lossless, is it?

But no subtitles, right? Is it that the MKV format itself don't do subtitles?

Subtitles are supported. The MKV format supports multiple subtitle tracks :)

It's the MP4 format that doesn't support subtitles (they have to be hardcoded/burnt into the video)

Subtitles are supported. The MKV format supports multiple subtitle tracks :)

It's the MP4 format that doesn't support subtitles (they have to be hardcoded/burnt into the video)

Ok, I thought it was MKV that would do lossless but no subtitles, good to know. Now I just need something that will encode them to H.265 at the same time. :) Then I'd convert all my ISOs to MKV.

Well when making MKV's in CloneBD you are correct. At the moment CloneBD can do either Uncompressed video with compressed audio, or compressed video with uncompressed audio but as soon as you try to add subtitles in the video will be re-encoded as CloneBD doesn't support separate subtitle tracks in MKV's yet so it will hard-code subtitles into the video stream. So essentially we are waiting for 2 things. Uncompressed video with uncompressed audio as an option and the ability to add in subtitles as separate tracks as well as the current option to have them hard-coded in.

This makes a lot of sense why I was not able to get rid of the subtitle when creating my MKV with core audio. Please add the feature to make the subtitle a separate track. I was going crazy trying to make the subtitles go away in every player until I came to this forum. Thanks.

Back