• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error reading from Drive E:

gpw1229

I am brand new at this and am looking for some help with an issue I've been having trying to rip my Batman Begins blu-ray. When right-clicking on the fox, I try to rip video to hardisk. After a while I get the following message:

Error reading from Drive E:

Sectors:11792640-11792671

I have attached the .zip log file as well.

The blu-ray plays fine when using PowerDVD9. However, when I click on My Computer, I do not see Batman Begins in the E: (which is my blu-ray drive). Shows the drive as empty. However, when I use Imgburn or anydvd to rip, it shows it, and this time, I had to enable Anydvd while using Imgburn, as I got a message from Imgburn it could not use copy righted material with Anydvd disabled.

My goal is to rip the movie, then convert it to an MP4 so I can use it on my Apple TV. Typically what I have done is open the movie in the E:, find only the movie file (main title) and transfer that onto my hard drive. I then use Freemake Video Converter and convert it into an MP4. Have had no probs with this and the easiest.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.6.0_Info_E_BATMAN_BEGINS.zip
    341 KB · Views: 1
AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.7.6.0)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-205 1.08 10/03/26PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 17154592 sectors (33505 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BATMAN_BEGINS
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 7
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Removed UOPs!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.7.6.0 ) is up to date. If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you update to the latest beta version 6.7.6.1

Code:
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-205 1.08 10/03/26PIONEER
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Your region code is not set.

With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly.
You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.
These instructions have no effect for Blu-Ray region code, but it is still recommended.

Automatic region detection was not possible for this disk. Please set the region code correctly in AnyDVD settings, if you do not do this your disk may not be playable.

AnyDVD_Log

Code:
  4.28s: read sectors failed, sense 4:44:1e
 11.42s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 18.16s: read sectors failed, sense 4:44:1e
 23.19s: read sectors failed, sense 4:44:1e
 30.19s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 37.81s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 44.86s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 49.00s: read sectors failed, sense 3:15:2
 56.27s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 63.33s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 63.33s: read error 12089040 to 12089056, max 17154592, io->read_error 1
 70.33s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 77.77s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 84.78s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 91.80s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
 98.80s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
106.80s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
114.27s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
121.28s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
126.49s: read sectors failed, sense 4:44:1e
133.31s: read sectors failed, sense 3:15:2
133.33s: read error 12089055 to 12089056, max 17154592, io->read_error 1
There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things.

See SamuriHL's Bad Disc Guide:

1. Disable AnyDVD
  2. Load ImgBurn and select Read Mode
  3. Create ISO image on the hard drive
  4. If the ISO image creation was successful, enable AnyDVD and mount the image with Virtual Clone Drive. Try to play it.
  5. If the ISO image creation was unsuccessful, you have either a bad disc and/or a bad drive.

mike_r, thanks for all of your help!!!! It worked perfectly. I updated AnyDVD to the latest beta version, and then updated the firmware on the drive and set the region for the drive.

I then used a microbfiber cloth from my Oakley sunglasses to wipe the disc, which didn't look dirty, and then placed it back in the drive.

Didn't have to use the bad disc drive. Loaded the blu-ray into the drive and was able to successfully rip it using AnyDVD, and then convert it using Freemake Video Convertor, which I can successfully view on my Apple TV.

Thanks again for all of your help and Happy New Year!!!

Back