• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error message

ahannas

Since I bought this software package I've copied several DVDs using Clone DVD without a hitch. Today I tried to copy a game CD (Call of Duty) with no success. I tried to copy a different game (Blackhawk Down) with the same result. Each time I try I get an message that says

"writing to CD failed: UNIT NOT READY, LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, LONG WRITE IN PROGRESS 2:0x04:0x08".

The drive works fine for burning music CDs (using Nero) and DVDs (using Clone DVD) and I tried two different blank CD disks.

Anyone have any idea what might be amiss?

TY
Alan

Update

Ok, disregard the first message. I installed CloneCD onto my wife's computer and copied the game with no difficulty.:clap: The problem must be in my DVD burner although I've no idea why. It works just fine otherwise.

The same pb

I am sorry to be insistent but I've got the same problem and I haven't found the solution.
I use a Yamaha 4261 IDE writer with WinASPI 4.60 under win98SE.

It's very strange because its only occurs with a write speed lower than the max one (1x or 2x). When I burn an image, CloneCD deals with the lead-in and after about 49s, returns the message "writing to CD failed: UNIT NOT READY, LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, LONG WRITE IN PROGRESS 2:0x04:0x08" (but at max speed).
I try out the last release and cloneCD 4.2.0.2. They behave like above.
But with cloneCD 2.8.4.2 that works @ 1x or 2x! Actually, CloneCD doesn't stop after 49s, it sounds like it need 1mm30s @2x and about 3mn @1x to complete burning the lead-in, then it burns the rest of the CDR and operates successfully.

I add I removed all other burn softwares and install the last drivers for my mobo.

Any advice or explanation would be appreciated! Thx.

Last edited:
Back