• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error message

Bluesters

I am trying to backup a movie but I am getting a message

Failed to read Drive D
Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

This was the first movie I have tried to backup since installing the latest version

I am trying to backup a movie but I am getting a message

Failed to read Drive D
Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

This was the first movie I have tried to backup since installing the latest version
A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a type of hash function used to produce a checksum – a small, fixed number of bits – against a block of data, such as a packet of network traffic or a block of a computer file. The checksum is used to detect errors after transmission or storage. A CRC is computed and appended before transmission or storage, and verified afterwards by the recipient to confirm that no changes occurred on transit. CRCs are popular because they are simple to implement in binary hardware, are easy to analyze mathematically, and are particularly good at detecting common errors caused by noise in transmission channels.

check if scars on the disk (disk damages) or your burner are damaged.

"Try cleaning the movie disc. If that does not work, if you are using an external DVD drive, please disconnect and reconnect the drive to your computer. Also try using an internal drive.

It is possible the original movie you have has some bad sectors.

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1) DVD media is dirty - you can try to clean it
2) DVD media is damaged, you have to replace it
3) Your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a DVD from a different region.
You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
4) Your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link is there takes you too the firmware page.

To find the firmware you currently have use this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDInfoPro

If it's not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn). "

taken from
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1669766&postcount=2

Try it again using v6.1.1.4. There seemed to have been some problems with 6.1.1.3.

"Try cleaning the movie disc. If that does not work, if you are using an external DVD drive, please disconnect and reconnect the drive to your computer. Also try using an internal drive.

It is possible the original movie you have has some bad sectors.

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1) DVD media is dirty - you can try to clean it
2) DVD media is damaged, you have to replace it
3) Your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a DVD from a different region.
You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
4) Your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link is there takes you too the firmware page.

To find the firmware you currently have use this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDInfoPro

If it's not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn). "

taken from
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1669766&postcount=2

You thief! Well not totally you did give me credit. Thanks web.

Back