error message

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by MRBILLNCOLA, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MRBILLNCOLA

MRBILLNCOLA Active Member

i am getting a message saying POWER CALIBRATION AREA IS FULL can you please tell me what that means and how to correct it. i can down load the movie but it want let me copy.thanks

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Most likely cause.....poor quality media.
    Also possible your optical drive is failing.

3. MRBILLNCOLA

is the optical drive have anything to do with the dvd burner?

4. MRBILLNCOLA

calibration

when i try to copy my movie from dvd decrypter i get a message POWER CALIBRATION AREA IS FULL. would you please explane this to me and how do i correct this. does this have anything to do with my dvd burnner.any help would be appreciated.thanks

5. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

POWER CALIBRATION AREA IS FULL: That error signals that the unit cannot track a particular zone used for calibrating the laser power, so it refuses to burn to avoid damages and injuries. Typical of low-quality or damaged discs.

Attempt to correct that by a trying a quality brand of media. Try using Verbatim, Ty or even a different cheap brand.
    Yes, optical drive is your DVDRW. It might be failing.

6. MRBILLNCOLA

i went out and bought a brand new dvd burner. a sony 840a and its doing the same thing. so its not in the burner it has to be in the computer. where can i go to get information on how to correct this.
    thanks

7. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Did you try some better, or even different, media? That is the most likely cause of your problem. There is nothing within the PC hardware that can give you that error message.

8. MRBILLNCOLA

i got it to work. i have to burn the movies over. the ones that i had saved would not burn on the new burner i got. thanks for all your help.

9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

With the new Sony DVDRW or your previous DVDRW?...if you don't mind me asking.

10. MRBILLNCOLA

with the new shony

11. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I assume the old drive was dying.