• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error message: Protocol "" is unknown

Dansator

I'm using Anystream in Germany. Yesterday I wanted to download a film from Amazon Prime. I had the error Could not load playlist: Protocol "" is unknown

Attachments

• Anystream-Error.jpg
    Anystream-Error.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 28
No logfile has been created. (because the file download never started?)
You can create a logfile when you go to File and create logfile in the upper left corner. But this is only possible when you haven't closed AS since the error occurred.
If this is the case, you can redo it by reopen the video, try to download it and then create the log after you closed the error message.

You can create a logfile when you go to File and create logfile in the upper left corner. But this is only possible when you haven't closed AS since the error occurred.
If this is the case, you can redo it by reopen the video, try to download it and then create the log after you closed the error message.

Here you go.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.1.astlog
    11.3 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.3.astlog
    11.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
so it's a "new bug"
As of now it seems not to be a bug, but I need to verify a few more thing with you. Are you able to watch this title in a browser? The issue is that AnyStream is not getting correct data from Amazon. In fact it only gets an error message, which usually means there's something that prevents a user from accessing the media (a title may be unavailable, may need to be purchased/rented, etc).

Although, I do agree I have to work out a better text fro the message box.

I can watch it in my browser. I get the same error message with any file I try to download from Amazon Prime Germany. But here's a clue: when I use a VPN I can still download from Amazon Prime America. Could it be that AnyStream only downloads from Amazon.com, not Amazon.de?

Could it be that AnyStream only downloads from Amazon.com, not Amazon.de?
No. That's not the case. However, it is important that the region is set accordingly (AnyStream settings)

Ha! That was it. My region was set to USA. No idea why, I don't remember changing the default settings, but it works now. Thanks for the help.

Back