Error Message - Elby Filter Not Installed

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by lum65, Mar 3, 2007.

1. lum65

lum65 Member

I just recently purchased and installed CloneDVD vs. 2.9.0.3. Everytime I start my computer I get the error message "Elby Check has detected that the filter driver Elbycdfl is not installed". Does anyone have the solution to fix this? I'm working with support, but not getting too far. I'm using Window XP home.
    Thanks,

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

ElbyCDFL

That is a driver file for CloneCD. It should be in your Windows/System32/drivers folder. Might also be an issue with its age. Have you installed/uninstalled/installed CloneCD at some time?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  3. lum65

lum65 Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I do have an older version of CloneCD that I purchased a few years ago. I don't even use it anymore. I can't figure out why I get the error message after I installed CloneDVD if it's a driver for CloneCD.

4. mmdavis

See if you have that file in your directory (I do in mine) and check out this old thread, especially #13 if you are working with Slysoft: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=80663

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  5. lum65

lum65 Member

Thanks for the info. I don't have Elbycdfl in my CloneCD directory. I purchased my CloneCD from Elaborate a few years ago and don't even use it anymore. I can't understand why I get the error message when I uninstalled an old version of CloneDVD, purchased a new version from Slysoft and installed that just a few days ago. Does CloneDVD use the Elbycdfl driver? I guess I'm just not understanding all of this. Support doesn't seem to have an answer for me either. My CloneDVD program seems to work ok even though it can't find the Elbycdfl driver, it's just annoying to have the error message every time I start my computer. Do you think it would solve my problem to download the trial version of CloneCD and install it to a different directory?
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. :)

6. mmdavis

Error

Use can use CloneCD free for 21 days. I would download and install it. If you feel you don't want or need it later, you can uninstall it then. I think this would get rid of that error message you are getting.

7. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

if you already own clonecd, just update it, unless it has a serial number, in that case contact slysoft to see if they can swap you a key

8. lum65

lum65 Member

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I just clicked on update for my older version of CloneCD and it directed me to the Slysoft site where the CloneCD download is. I'm not sure if I would have to pay for this or not, so I sent an email to Slysoft with my registration number for my old version and asked them if I could update or if I would have to purchase the newer version. It will be a couple of days before I get a reply, but I will let you know.
    Thanks,

9. mmdavis

Error Message

After you install, let us know if the error message goes away and your computer boots normally so we'll know for future reference.

10. lum65

lum65 Member

I'll let you know, but I'm sure it will take a couple of days for support to get back to me. Thanks again for the help. I still can't figure out why the driver is missing. I didn't touch CloneCD.

11. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

so i take it your version of clonecd has a serial number?

12. lum65

lum65 Member

My version of CloneCD has a key that has 4 lines of letters and digits. I emailed Slysoft support with my info to see if I could update, but have not heard back from them yet. I'll let you know what they say. :confused:

13. lum65

lum65 Member

I got a reply back from Slysoft support. It said:

Old serials from Elby do not work with our versions of CloneCD.
    We paid for CloneCD and will continue
    developing this software. We're afraid you'll have to purchase a new license
    for using the new CloneCD from SlySoft.

I downloaded the trial version of CloneCD, installed it to a new directory, restarted my computer and I still get the error message that Elbycdfl is not found. :confused:
    I'm not sure what to do next. I might do a system restore to get the trial version back off, no sense purchasing it when I don't really use it anymore. I'll wait until I hear back from this list on any more ideas.
    Thanks,