• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error. Could not write stream to the output file.

zero269

This message is for the AnyStream Developer Lead/Team:

Could you please look into what's causing this error? See attached log file.

Error. Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download.

My main concern with this type of error is that is costs a download token and tokens are deducted from our quota the moment that output file is created.

I understand DRM issues are a top priority, and rightfully so. However, I'm confident that error handling is not only a very common but necessary skill for software developers. It would be nice that when this error does occur, that the token be restored.

We are going to see DRM issues arise time and time again. We understand that... and invested in that risk. However, I would assert that we did not invest in how AnyStream responds to errors. I'm confident this error can be remediated as they occur for the long run.

Thank you,

Update:

I wanted to provide an example where AnyStream's error handling is successful by producing the optimal results. See the attached "2nd" log file for the "Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream."

upload_2021-12-21_21-5-27.png

If AnyStream could respond in the exact same way for this error: Error. Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download. That would be optimal! (y)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.7.0.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.2.7.0 2nd.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: SAF
Is that error reproducable?
If so, can you set subtitles to download externally?
Try that download again.
Do you see subtitle files (and are those complete)?

If the last is positive, you have successfully downloaded something, even if it's not the result you wanted... and the token is correctly deducted IMO.

If that action would not cost a token, it could be easily exploited to download every single subtitle in a short amount of time.
We've had that discussion already, unfortunately I can't remember an official statement on this.

the couldn't write output stream error is typically due to running out of disk space, AS's handling of available disk space prior to downloading got buggered up at some point, and hopefully will be fixed after the DRM "misunderstanding"...

Reactions: SAF
I am sure they will but they may be a bit busy now. Please have a bit of patience. Thank you.

Is that error reproducable?
If so, can you set subtitles to download externally?
Try that download again.
Do you see subtitle files (and are those complete)?

If the last is positive, you have successfully downloaded something, even if it's not the result you wanted... and the token is correctly deducted IMO.

If that action would not cost a token, it could be easily exploited to download every single subtitle in a short amount of time.
We've had that discussion already, unfortunately I can't remember an official statement on this.

It's reproducible, but I've decided to stay away from IMDB TV titles for the time being considering the cost. I'm working with HBOmax for now and seeing great success.

FYI... AS creates the output file and then builds that file with the stream data. You can actually see the file grow if you were monitoring the download in File Explorer... if you were curious.

In this case, those errors occur immediately after the stub file has been created which leaves them at 0 KB in size.... and a deducted token. For those using a Download Queue, this can be costly if you just happen to have a lot of titles queued up that may or may not see that error.

the couldn't write output stream error is typically due to running out of disk space, AS's handling of available disk space prior to downloading got buggered up at some point, and hopefully will be fixed after the DRM "misunderstanding"...

Unfortunately, it's not storage limits in my case. I have over 20 TB available, so I'm good there.

Back